Options

Passed INTRO 933 / Passed ICND 934

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
Just came back from writing the INTRO, passed with 933.

Design & Support -83%
Implementation & Operation -95%
Technology -86%

I'm quite happy about this exam;

-it's my first cert exam since I passed MCSA in december
-first exam in 2007 and passed
-first exam I didn't have to pay for (company voucher)
-first cisco exam (hopefully not last)
-one step closer to CCNA which I've been actively preparing for since Christmas, but then MCSA took longer than expected, and finishing the degree was an overwhelming amount of work.

So status check & update, I've gone through Lammle's INTRO book for this exam, I'm reading through the routing protocol section and NAT section of his CCNA 5th edition. I ordered Mcquerry's ICND book, I have a CCNA lab book that I have gone through about 1/3 of the way. And so far for equipment I have:

2503 16/16 x 2
2514 16/16 x 1
2521 16/16 x 1
1721 32/16 x 1
1720 32/16 x 1
2908 4/2 x 1 (I'm almost embarassed to say I have this, AND I had to paid for it)
Getting a 2924-XL-EN soon, and going to borrow another one from a friend.
Added: 2924-XL-EN
Added: 2924-XL-A

Running 12.2(5) Enterprise Plus for the 2500 Series and I forget what version exactly for the 1720 and 1721, the 1721 came with a FW feature set I believe, and 1720 was an IP Plus feature set I think.

Any comments?
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats a great score. The ICND will be significantly more difficult, but with the amount of preparation and all the gear you have, I have no doubt that you will pass the ICND. I guess another good reason to take the 2 test route is, you can get all the nervous jitters out on the first test and be ready to go for ICND. Anyways great job and good luck on the next step.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations, well done!
    totts from essex
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the Intro. Good luck with the next one. It looks like you should be well prepared with those resources.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Well done on the pass! Keep it up and you'll be fine on the ICND.
  • Options
    Just came back from ICND....sigh...I guess I should have re-scheduled. Juggling between the things I have to deal with wasn't a good combination with all the practice and studying that I should be committing to.

Planning/Design 80%
    Implemention 63%
    Troubleshooting 61%
    Technology 64%

But reflecting the questions and how I answered, I know that Link-state routing and ACL were definitely my weakest, which I suppose they consider to be implementation, troubleshooting, and technology.

Oh well, going through my lab book once again, I should practice more with ACL...I'm thinking about a mid-October retake, right after the final exam in school icon_lol.gif

ps. Does anyone know if Cisco/CCNA is adaptive? I know that people always say it is a possibility, I'm pretty sure mine was, I felt that the questions were getting easier, and I knew I must have messed up a few "key" questions, and at the end, I kinda felt I did not pass before I click on the end button.
  • Options
    No, the exam is not adaptive.

Good Luck on your next attempt! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Intro and good luck on your next ICND attempt. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    yay! icon_cheers.gif I passed ICND and is now CCNA!

Planning & Design -100%
    Implementation -90%
    Troubleshooting -84%
    Technology -92%

I should rest for the weekend and then start reading the Cisco Press Routing TCP/IP book by Doyle as I start my IP Routing course and also preparing for BSCI on-the-side.

btw, I really need to get an access server now for the home lab. It's such a pain to have to RDP to 2 or 3 machines plus use a laptop for console connections....See the above for the current lab gear, but I think I will need to get another 4 serial port router to compound a bigger frame relay switch.
  • Options
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

At least take the time to drink a beer while hunting for that access server on eBay drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    congratulation. :D

how many months have you prepared for the CCNA?

what is your next cert? CCNP?

Good luck. :D
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    I started reading and preparing for INTRO since Dec '06, but then I stopped my cert. studying around March when I was focusing to finish my 4th year. I resumed studies around July. So I guess in total, it was about 4 months on & off to get INTRO, another 2 months or so to get ICND.

These are the sources that I was reading:

Todd Lammle's CCNA INTRO (Sybex) <- very very good
    Todd Lammle's CCNA 640-801 5th Ed. (Sybex) <- used this for review, it's decent..
    Steve McQuerry's CCNA Self-Study ICND 2nd Ed. (Cisco Press) <- very very good
    Steve McQuerry's CCNA Self-Study INTRO (Cisco Press) <- not as good as Sybex
    Wendell Odom's CCNA Video Mentor <- Great explaination on each topic and accompanying labs.

My next course in my grad program is all on IGP routing & multicasting. So I think I will also prepare for BSCI along the way.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the Pass!!! :D
  • Options
    Congrats Bighorn...icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    My next course in my grad program is all on IGP routing & multicasting. So I think I will also prepare for BSCI along the way.

Which grad program are you doing? And where?