TESTOUT,LEARNKEY. ETC ??

DclownDclown Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just joined and this seems to be the place to be for information :)

I am currently doing Self-Study for the Net+ exam and was wonder if anyone could offer advice as to which or what would be best to use ??

I have Various Study Guides,Test Out & Learn key materials. I am currently using the Test Out and it seems great, but i am not sure if it's leading me in the direction of the Exam. I have hear of people studying and using materials, just to get to the test and have it be nothing like what they studied.

Just looking for a little advice or feedback from anyone with experience with such.

Thanks In Advance....

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the site. There are a ton of discussions on these topics already. Try doing a search for LearnKey, TestOut, Transcender, and CBTNuggets. Those seem to be the popular choices across the boards for testing material. There is also the Technotes created by Johan (owner/creator of TechExams) that are available here. Good luck with your studies!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • DclownDclown Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks !!! Will do ..... And sorry for taking up useless space...

Hope to Report a PASS Soon !!!!

Thanks again....
  • bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hear Test Out is very good, but they are expensive.

I found Transcenders was not anything like the actual Network+ test.
    Thanks Again.

That was more of where my question was heading. I have heard some say the Net+ Transcenders are nothing like the test.

But then I hear as they pertain to Micro Soft, transcenders are pretty helpful..

Thanks for all advice...

I hear, well see great thing about the *TechNotes*, Cant wait to jump into those. Just waiting until i finish this TestOut until i fully look those over...
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    bearfan wrote:
    I hear Test Out is very good, but they are expensive.

In regards to Transcender, I have quite the opposite feelings. Transcender was just like the actual exam. After taking so many certification exams, it always seems that Transcender knows what is going in. ;)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    bearfan wrote:

If it's 'like' the exam...then it is cause to be leary as you may be cheating and not studying. FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Thanks All !

One more question, As with the TechNotes found here and study guides found elsewhere; Are there any or do the transcenders and other examprep tools that allow you to work or Test yourself on specific areas of the Net+ exam.

Not sure if i am clear on my question, But thanks in advance...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dclown wrote:
    Thanks All !

One more question, As with the TechNotes found here and study guides found elsewhere; Are there any or do the transcenders and other examprep tools that allow you to work or Test yourself on specific areas of the Net+ exam.

Not sure if i am clear on my question, But thanks in advance...

The Transcenders do let you customise your testing experience each time. You can select any number of questions from any of the exam topics so you can concentrate on a particular area if need be. You can also tell it to only ask you questions you previously answered incorrectly once, twice, or however many times.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Nice !

Thanks, I guess i will have to give it a look...
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Measure Up, and passed Network +. I also used Total Seminars (Meyers). Total Seminars has a knack for the "tricky" questions Net + is notorious for.

If you want to customlze your testing, Measure Up does a great job at that. For example, in my case, I really needed to beef up on Network Implementation. With Measure Up, I was able to use customized mode, select just implementation, and even pick just questions I missed.

I'm not familiar with Transcenders, so I can't offer a good comparison.

Good Luck!