Options

A question about scoring on the 640-801

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
For the one CCNA test, the questions are worth roughly 20 points apiece for 53 questions if averaged out. Would the big simulation questions be worth as much as the single-answer multiple choice questions? Surely not. Or is there any way of knowing? I made a 745 on it, and I completely flubbed a sim question, so I'm trying to estimate how many questions I may have missed total.

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats going to be hard to correctly calculate. Some questions aren't even scored at all. But yes SIMS and simlets have a heavier weight than other questions.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Netstudent wrote:
    Thats going to be hard to correctly calculate. Some questions aren't even scored at all. But yes SIMS and simlets have a heavier weight than other questions.

Agreed. Basically from what I hear the only real way you can pass the exam by skipping or incorrectly answering a SIM is by pretty much getting all the other questions correct. I would not even know where to begin on how to calculate the weight of each question as Netstudent mentioned, some are not scored at all.
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    as a matter of random curiousity, please elaborate on this "some are not scored at all" idea, so that i can quickly dispel the hope of getting a test of nothing but those questions. :)

peace

john nickle

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I don't think you will get that lucky icon_lol.gif From what I have read, some questions are like "test" test questions. I think cisco uses them to judge whether they will or will not phase the question into the exam.

There are probably other reasons, but cisco is kinda vague on their test writing methodologies.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!