I PASSED!!!!!!!!!YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
All I can say, is "the Test that ate my brain"! I studied everyday, for 6 weeks. I got a 623

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

And good luck recovering ;)
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the warm wishes on recovery. I think something that comes in a 12 oz can, and is bubly will help. And I don't mean Soda Pop!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    REID8968 wrote:
    Thanks for the warm wishes on recovery. I think something that comes in a 12 oz can, and is bubly will help. And I don't mean Soda Pop!

congrats on your pass. have fun celebrating this weekend!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go well done. I'm booking my network+ exam this week. Any tips?
    Per the agreement with Comptia, it's difficult to give specific advice, without risk of violating the certification. What I can suggest, is that you have a broad general knowledge of all topics. Review the test objectives. Also, I studied from the tech notes on this website, they were very helpful. I also took every practice test I could lay my hands on. I waited till I was getting scores over 90% before taking the exam. I used Total Seminars, and Measure Up. I found the Measure Up practice tests very helpful. If you take them in study mode, you can view the answers right after answering the question. It was great reinforcement, and great explanations.

Good luck. I hope you do well, and will be watching the board for your results. IF you don't pass, you will definately get the needed feedback to pass next time around. But, based on your profile, I bet you'll do great!
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! Well done. :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • jahman182jahman182 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.........now go enjoy your breather and then go prep for the next challenge. icon_eek.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Big congrats, enjoy both the rest and your celebration. What's next on your certification hit-list?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grat job and congratulations!
    I'm not sure yet what my next challenge will be. I'm looking into Convergence +, since the phone system was just converted to VOIP, and is now part of my job description. Eventually I will do A+, but I think I will just self study for that one. At this point, I am not sure where my career is headed, so I thought I would stay vendor neutral, till I have some better direction. I like the idea of just building a great base, and the lifetime certifications. Geez, Cisco is only for three years, and Microsoft is good for 5-10 minutes? icon_lol.gif

I did notice someone who replied, is Project + certified. Any feedback? That's another consideration.

Thanks for all the congrats, and well wishes. It means alot coming from this group. Only you guys understand what it takes to get these dang certs!
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Its good to see all the hard work paid off. Congrats on the new cert!
  • THE COMPUTER WIZZTHE COMPUTER WIZZ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bro congrats i have mys on the 17th of next month
    A+(2003) CORE 863 OS 900
    N+ NEXT
    Good luck on the 17th! And it's not Bro, but Bra?! icon_lol.gif Or Dudette?! :P Thanks! Gender neutral is perfect for "Vendor neutral". icon_idea.gif
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hjcoumanshjcoumans Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    REID8968 wrote:
    I'm not sure yet what my next challenge will be. I'm looking into Convergence +, since the phone system was just converted to VOIP, and is now part of my job description. Eventually I will do A+, but I think I will just self study for that one. At this point, I am not sure where my career is headed, so I thought I would stay vendor neutral, till I have some better direction. I like the idea of just building a great base, and the lifetime certifications. Geez, Cisco is only for three years, and Microsoft is good for 5-10 minutes? icon_lol.gif

I did notice someone who replied, is Project + certified. Any feedback? That's another consideration.

Thanks for all the congrats, and well wishes. It means a lot coming from this group. Only you guys understand what it takes to get these dang certs!

I did the Convergence+ Beta exam last November 2006 and passed. This was the most weird exam I ever done. The previous most weird was Project+ BTW, but more about Project+ later.
    I was preparing for BCRAN and CIT, when this Beta program came along.
    I already did studying for the Cisco QoS exam and the Convergence+ requirements looked feasible.
    The exam was a real nightmare because on multiple occasions I couldn't find the right answer. And than it is more like a gamble from there on.
    The fact it took them an additional 8 or so weeks to come to a pass/fail decision is frolic to suspicion on my part. Microsoft had delivered an even poorer performance with a Beta exam once I remembered.
    This Convergence+ exam was a Beta exam, but it looked like Alpha to me. I hope and expect the quality of the production exam is improved big time.

Project+
    I'm not completely sure about the current situation, but the choices for self-study books were almost none, when I was preparing for the exam.
    It was a Sybex book I used then, with practice questions on CD.
    I did the book twice, did the tests until i got high marks only and passed with only a few points to spare an zero time left.
    I think it is better to prepare using PMP prep self-study books and skip the very hard parts, because this exam is a watered down version of the PMP exam.

I hope this helps to make decisions about what to do next. My recommendation is if you prepare for Security+ (I think a good choice) do your homework as you can read in it's forum section. 85% pass rate is even harder than most Cisco exams and the study material is often dry and dull.

Regards,
    Han
    ToDolist: (deep breath) (roughly in sequence) 70-291, 70-290, Security+, 70-270, 70-294, LPIC-2, (out-of-sequence) CCDP 70-299, CWNA, EXIN ISF, CISSP, 8 more EXIN exams and some more work...... BS
  • osobadlyosobadly Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying for a few weekz now..i hope i am ready.......i will post my grade as soon as the exam is completed......