Options

What is the hardest topic to study for 70-620?

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
The same poll has been useful for other certification exams, for me to get a better idea on which topics to focus when I write TechNotes and for others to get a better idea of which topics you may need to put some extra effort in. So whether you are currently preparing for this exam or already passed it, please let us know which topic you found to be the most hardest topic to study and of course feel free to motivate or elaborate on your answer.

For a more detailed overview of which topics the poll options refer to check the 70-620 exam objectives here.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i only got questions wrong in two areas. i dont remember both, but i know optimizing vista was the subject i did the worst in.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Took the 70-620 exam this morning and passed, the subject that let me down (or pulled down my score) was "Configuring Apps included with Vista" icon_sad.gif

-Ken
  • Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Mobile computing was my achilles heel.
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    Thanks for the votes and replies so far. I just wanted to add that Microsoft recently made clear it's 'OK' to share the info on your score report. So even if you didn't find a particular domain more difficult, but did score low on it, vote.

I'm really hoping one or more domains will stand out from the rest. I promise I will put a lot of extra effort in the TechNotes for those domains and make sure they are covered extensively in the upcoming practice exam, that way we can make a real difference here. Not only helping people reach the required passing score but also with a better understanding of the more difficult topics.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Configuring and Troubleshooting Mobile Computing...simply because I have had the least amount of experience doing this. I saw a good amount of questions on this as well, and saw a few questions I was unsure about.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    That's definitely a section I'll put some extra time in. I'm running Windows Vista on my notebook, and have a phone running Windows Mobile, what's left is a sponsor willing to donate a Tablet PC ;) I'm sure I can do a decent job for that topic without it, but it's much more fun to write about while actually having access to a Tablet PC and it usually shows in the results. I have at least 8 computer stores in walking distance so if all else fails I'll ask for 8 extensive demonstrations and tell them in the end I don't like the color. :D
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    That's definitely a section I'll put some extra time in. I'm running Windows Vista on my notebook, and have a phone running Windows Mobile, what's left is a sponsor willing to donate a Tablet PC ;) I'm sure I can do a decent job for that topic without it, but it's much more fun to write about while actually having access to a Tablet PC and it usually shows in the results. I have at least 8 computer stores in walking distance so if all else fails I'll ask for 8 extensive demonstrations and tell them in the end I don't like the color. :D

Or you could just speak to Toshiba / IBM / Dell / HP and explain that you are interested in buying 100+ tablets and you want to triail one! ;)
  • Options
    dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Configuring and Troubleshooting Mobile Computing...simply because I have had the least amount of experience doing this. I saw a good amount of questions on this as well, and saw a few questions I was unsure about.

Mobile computing was my lowest scoring section, I was also annoyed on how Microsoft had extensive product placement of Xbox 360 and Zune (I was aware of the xbox and zune going in thanks to the practice tests with MSpress).
    Then again, I only studied for 2 weeks. :P

At least this exam takes one step out of the MCITP Enterprise cert upgrade. icon_cool.gif
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • Options
    Simon_EdwardsSimon_Edwards Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that's bizarre!

I took my exam this morning and failed but my strongest section was mobile computing and my weakest was post-installation system settings!
  • Options
    HappyLifeHappyLife Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    post-installation system settings was the worst part.I recommend you to focus on this subject for your exam
    Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a geeks person's character lies in their own hands.
  • Options
    PingKingPingKing Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed today, but my weak point was Configuring Windows Security Features.
    I'll sign up for the retake tomorrow.
    the ease of Plug n' Play is inversely proportionate to the executive level of the user hovering over your shoulder . . .
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Odd, the one with the absolute most votes I did the best on. icon_confused.gif:

But the ones i did worst on have the least votes. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would have to say i find the Security the most difficult, the sheer volume of settings to memorise, e.g. the security levels for each item such as Cookies, Security Zones Levels etc, Also would have to give Chapter 11 Lesson 2 a vote.
    Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
    Next: MCITP:SA (70-640)
    Studying: BSC (Honours) in IS/IT Managment.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I like these threads. I find my opinions are always in line with everyone else, so I know a head of time where to focus.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For some reason my lowest score was on Configuring and Troubleshooting Mobile Computing. I thought I would score high on that section because it was easy to understand but I just don't know how that was my lowest...
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    chronicschronics Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found Post Installation settings to be the hardest section to study as its where i performed the worst on the practice exams. However I scored worst in Mobile Computing in the exam, not sure why as thats where the section i studied the hardest after reading this thread and i didnt think i got any of those wrong.