Good and Bad news about the exam today

wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good news....I passed with a 936

Bad news....I completely brain farted on a sim, and forgot how to apply something. The sim took me 7 minutes to find the information because I DIDN'T scroll down in the window on top tp get the information. After I found that, it only took me a few minutes to configure the sim for what it needed minus one command. And I brain farted. After the 15 minute mark on the sim, I said screw it, I'll save the time for later.

Then, a few questions later, just to mock me, the proper syntax was in the question. Grah. That would have in theory jumped me past 950, which was my goal.

I know, a pass is a pass, but still.....I'm sure a few of you could relate. It's the perfectionist in me.

The breakdown:

Planning and Designing - 83%
Implementation and operation - 100%
Troubleshooting - 88%
Technology - 92%

Thanks to everyone who helped on the forum, either posting questions, or answers, as both helped.
Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.

Comments

• r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aww man, congrats and sweet score!! icon_thumright.gif

I must admit, I'm hard on myself too, so I would have probably felt the same way....but hey, you did it man!!

What's next? CCNP?
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey thats the same score I got. But damn dude, you got in the top 10%, you can't ask for anything better than that. I mean it is a tuff test. I know exactly what you mean with the scroll bars, IF I HADN'T WATCHED THOSE VIDEOS ON THE CISCO WEBSITE, I think I may have missed those scroll bars myself. caps are for emphasis for anyone else nearing the day.

great job!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Congrats! CCNP next?
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like you did just fine to me, 936 is a great score. Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think next is either CCNP or MCSE. What I'm doing at work is a giant cluster, where we do networking, server, Nortel pbx, etc, etc, and I'm thinking that MCSE will help with that. Then we'll goto CCNP. Again, we'll see come next semester in school, but I'm thinking go with what will help with work first...afterall, that usually yields to a higher payscale:)

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good news....I passed with a 936

Bad news....I completely brain farted on a sim, and forgot how to apply something. The sim took me 7 minutes to find the information because I DIDN'T scroll down in the window on top tp get the information. After I found that, it only took me a few minutes to configure the sim for what it needed minus one command. And I brain farted. After the 15 minute mark on the sim, I said screw it, I'll save the time for later.

Then, a few questions later, just to mock me, the proper syntax was in the question. Grah. That would have in theory jumped me past 950, which was my goal.

I know, a pass is a pass, but still.....I'm sure a few of you could relate. It's the perfectionist in me.

The breakdown:

Planning and Designing - 83%
    Implementation and operation - 100%
    Troubleshooting - 88%
    Technology - 92%

Thanks to everyone who helped on the forum, either posting questions, or answers, as both helped.

There's a mob of people who failed with an 847 who have no sympathy for you :)
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    CONGRATULATIONS
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:

Yeah, I can't be too angry, but it's the personal achievement thing there....

• jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    dtlokee wrote:

Could not agree more with that quote ;)

That's a great score in my opinion and for you to miss part of a SIM and still achieve such a high score really means you knew your stuff. Congrats on the pass and well done!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Congrats man!
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.