Software convert audio cassette to digital files

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
What is a good software that cnvert audio cassette to digital files? I don't mean professional, but for home user. My buddy father got a lot of old cassette that want to convert to digital format.

What is a standard professional software that you can recommend? Just for my interest.

However, I need a home user software that can do the job. I doubt that they are willing to pay a sofware that cost over $500 USD

Thank yoiu
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• christenm123christenm123 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do they have a tape drive in their PC? Then the drive should come with some sort of ripping software.

If they don't have a drive the only other method I can think of is hold a microphone to a cassette player and then using a program like Audacity to record the audio track by track.
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I wouldnt hold a microphone. I would run a line into the microphone jack.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Geez kasor, I just found this device (see link below) and hopefully it arrives this week!

I started transfering my old cassettes by hooking up my player to an Audiagy Sound card and this was working very nicely. I have software from the USB Turntable I bought over a year ago for my husband's vinyl collection.

So, in hopes to find something a bit more convenient and replace my player back into correct place and not have cables drapped all across the floor....I'm going to try this:

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=10172
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • IllusionkingIllusionking Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Geez kasor, I just found this device (see link below) and hopefully it arrives this week!

I started transfering my old cassettes by hooking up my player to an Audiagy Sound card and this was working very nicely. I have software from the USB Turntable I bought over a year ago for my husband's vinyl collection.

So, in hopes to find something a bit more convenient and replace my player back into correct place and not have cables drapped all across the floor....I'm going to try this:

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=10172

As soon as I saw Motley Crue I KNEW this was.......not the device for me. i'll stick with the line in
    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    Done: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70,293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299,
    A.S. Electronic Engineering
    A.S. CIS
    A.S. Social/Behavioral Sciences
    Studying
    CCNA
  • christenm123christenm123 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why? Motley Crue rules!
  • IllusionkingIllusionking Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just can't stand Vince Neal....
    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    Done: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70,293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299,
    A.S. Electronic Engineering
    A.S. CIS
    A.S. Social/Behavioral Sciences
    Studying
    CCNA
    Well the DuranDuran comment almost had me running from it...but Motely Crue...they were ok....ok for cassette anyway ;)

Now if there was only an 8-track version of this.... :P
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you. It is perfect for them. A one stop shop.

icon_lol.gif
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    Kasor wrote:
    Thank you. It is perfect for them. A one stop shop.

icon_lol.gif

Post back how it works out. I apparently won't see mine until after the Holiday icon_sad.gif Oh well....few more days.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Thinkgeek has the same device that Plantwiz mentioned, as well as an alternative which uses stereo connectors to capture feeds from record players, cassette players, as well as any other audio device that uses standard RCA connectors. Comes with recording and burning software, too. At about $50, it might be just what your friend needs for his father's tapes.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Adobe Audition is very nice *hint hint* icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1