Interesting Poll....

mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
How many people are doing self study for their NP's or SP's while working Full time????? If you are just state it simply, if your not state if you're focusing on your studies full time. This is just out of pure curiosity icon_rolleyes.gif
Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!

Comments

• livenliven Member Posts: 918
    I am working full time and working on Certs at the same time.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yup, work full time and studying the CCIE Security long term and Linux+ at the moment for another work project.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    Same. Working full time, dealing with a 5 month old son, doing up a house, refreshing MCSE and also trying to do CCSP with CCIE Security the longer term plan.

Not enough hours in the day!
  • mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Might as well reply to my own poll..... icon_lol.gif

Working Full time, starting grad school part time this fall and doing self study for CCSP....Time Management icon_redface.gif
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Study and work along with a few rugrats! I think most people going for the professional certs are already working in IT and looking to advance their knowledge and career. There are the new jacks who want to do their professional level certs before working in a real enviroment and the ones who have experience but can't find or don't want work at the moment.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i'm studying for NP and work 40 hours a week, go to school 12 hours a week and have a 7month old. For anyone who says they don;t have enough time to advance themselves, I say bull ****. When you want something bad enough you do what you gatta do! Get it done while you are young and it doesn't phase you to only get 6 hours of sleep and have 15 hour days. Thats my philosophy.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    6 HOURS!!!!! After work, time with family and study I'm lucky if I get that much. Sleep is for the weak!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Just kidding, sleep is very important to retaining knowledge. I try to get between 5 to 7 a night. Since I got my hands on some 3750s its been hard to take myself away from them though!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif haha...thats on a good day....I admit though, after a full day of work, then 4 hours of class, and then go home and get on the gear, is very tiring. Sometimes my brain is so drained I feel like I have been awake for days. but somehow i manage to do it.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I work for a global IT department of a call center. Like im the only system/network administrator i always have things to do but anyways i always find some time to study for the certs(at least 1-3 hours per day).
  • KenjinKenjin Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks like the only one then? I`m studying for CCSP full time BUT self studying at home, its really tough because lack of CCSP lab equipment . I have been living in Thailnd for over 5 years but plan on heading back to the UK in the NewYear to look for work.. fingers crossed