Passed CCNA Exam

I needed an 849, but received a 949 on the exam. I would have been happy even if I received an 850 to pass...

I didn't having any information on the exam pertaining to IPX Routing or IS-IS.

Be aware of the following information:

VLSM, CIDR, BGP, EIGRP, RIP version 1 & 2, OSPF, IGRP, Default, Static, & Dynamic Routing, Frame Relay, OSI, VLAN, VTP, ACLs, ISDN, ATM, WAN (point-to point and multipoint)Convergence, Default Gateways and Subnetting. (Know how to troubleshoot all this stuff and make sure you reinforce this with labs).

Take the tutorial at the beginning of the exam. This will give you a limited time to write down some notes that will help you in case you stumble upon a hard question.
Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III

Comments

• boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    Congrats on your pass! I am planning on taking the CCNA in about a month or so, before the exam changes.

Good score also!

Regards,

:D
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!

Whoa you got hit on ISDN, BGP, RIPv1, IGRP, and ATM, and you still managed a 949. Thats crazy!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Netstudent wrote:
    Congrats man!

Whoa you got hit on ISDN, BGP, RIPv1, IGRP, and ATM, and you still managed a 949. Thats crazy!

Agreed, you must have had about the worst pool of questions or luck I've heard of to date for a CCNA exam... I must say you really must have been on top of your game. Very well done and congrats on the pass as it was very much earned!
  • TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congrats good score, I am planning to take mine in 4 weeks, practicing hard on Sim
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    Netstudent wrote:
    Congrats man!

Well, I cannot go into details... But, I had a descent set of questions and it was multiple choice. Some questions I could answer in a matter of seconds. However, I had 1 sim and 1 simlet. The sim took me about 22 minutes so I had to run threw the easy multiple choice questions by guessing the most correct answer in some cases...

In most of my questions, the answer was obvious... However, I had trouble with both the simlet and sim...

The good thing is the test is timed, but each sim and simlet has a seperate time to let you know how much time can be spent on the test...In addition to this, you can go back to the previous questions in the simlet....

However, you cannot go back to the previous questions on any of the other questions when you click next... Make sure you take the tuturial, but cisco included some sample questions in the tutorial that are based on the test. I couldnt believe cisco gave good information in the tutorials...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass. Did you take the 640-801 or 640-802 exam?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Slowhand wrote:
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass. Did you take the 640-801 or 640-802 exam?
    Probably the 801. I don't know of anyone who would actually want to take the 802 at this point lol
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    I took the 801 version of the CCNA.

I forgot to mention...

I was able to use the TAB & the ? on the exam.... This made the exam a little easier and thanks to GOD I passed it
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Stotic wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    Probably the 801. I don't know of anyone who would actually want to take the 802 at this point lol

dtlokee took it i believe
  • tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations Antonio, well done!
    totts from essex
  • Black_siikBlack_siik Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    boyles23 wrote:
    Congrats on your pass! I am planning on taking the CCNA in about a month or so, before the exam changes.

Good score also!

Regards,

:D

Do u have any idea when the Exam going to change?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Black_siik wrote:

The new exams are out already but you can still take the old exams until 11/6/07

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i havn't seen anything about BGP in my studies so far - other than it exsists....
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Black_siikBlack_siik Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shednik wrote:
    Black_siik wrote:

The new exams are out already but you can still take the old exams until 11/6/07

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

Damn.. I just found that out today.. hahah

thankz mate... looks like im going to get studying.! :)
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    i havn't seen anything about BGP in my studies so far - other than it exsists....
    Same. I didn't encounter anything more on BGP in my studies.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]