Options

Passed 70-620 today...got 70-621 Monday -> Passed

ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
Just got back from the 620 exam and passed with an 815. Thought it was going to be higher but mobile computing let me down quite a lot.

Completed the exam in about 45 mins. Nothing too difficult in the exam at all if you use Vista and read the 620 book. Few oddly worded questions almost caught me out once or twice.

Anyway...onto 621 Monday!
~Thiassi

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congrats...but...

umm....if you have MCDST, and you're planning on taking 70-621, why did you take 620?
    Unless you mean that you are planning to take 622....

~confused....
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats...but...

umm....if you have MCDST, and you're planning on taking 70-621, why did you take 620?

~confused....

Look at his signature. The explanation is there, although i'm not sure if that is accurate, because I have read some conflicting information.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Exactly.....I'm almost certain 621 gives you MCTS: Vista Config (and equivalent)

Just like how 292 would give you 290 & 291...and some people would get 292, and then 293, 294 for their MCSE 2003....
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    OlehOleh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    The 70-621 will only give you the MCITP: EST if you already have the MCDST. If not, the 2 exams you have to take is the 70-620 & the 70-622.
    70-621 only applies to MCDST-certified customers (i.e. if you don't have an MCDST, 70-621 doesn't do anything for you)

See here.

BTW, if you have the MCDST already, the 70-621 gives you the MCTS: Vista & the MCITP: EST cred. But according MS blogs the MCTS: Vista gained from the 70-621 doesn't count towards the MCITP: EA, if you plan to do this, then you will have to take the 70-620.

-ken
  • Options
    ajs1976 wrote:
    Congrats...but...

~confused....

Look at his signature. The explanation is there, although i'm not sure if that is accurate, because I have read some conflicting information.

Well, this post indicates that the 620 is part of the MCSA:2k3 upgrade path to MCITP:EA so it made sense to take it in addition to the 621 on Monday. Plus it didn't do any harm...I didn't pay for it anyway. ;)
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    Hi Thiassi :D

Congrats man, I just wanted to tell you that like NinjaBoy said, The MCDST is also an elective for the MCSA 2k3 so, the only advantage, is that you'll have one more line in your MS Transcript, and 140 USD less in your pants.

Sorry...icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    kyrikaze wrote:
    Hi Thiassi :D

Congrats man, I just wanted to tell you that like NinjaBoy said, The MCDST is also an elective for the MCSA 2k3 so, the only advantage, is that you'll have one more line in your MS Transcript, and 140 USD less in your pants.

Sorry...icon_cry.gif

Employers cash anyway so it's no big deal. ;)

Can someone tell me if I'm going mad, though, because the 620 does go towards the MCITP:EA MCSA upgrade...right? Which was the only point in me taking it.
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    Yes, you're right for the MCITP: EA icon_thumright.gif

If you Upgrade from MCSA to MCITP: EA --> http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6satoeaqx2.jpg
    If you Upgrade from MCSA to MCITP: SA --> http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7satosaij8.jpg

But, In your previous post, you were speaking about the 2k3 for this, there no interest to take the 620
  • Options
    kyrikaze wrote:
    Yes, you're right for the MCITP: EA icon_thumright.gif

If you Upgrade from MCSA to MCITP: EA --> http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6satoeaqx2.jpg
    If you Upgrade from MCSA to MCITP: SA --> http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7satosaij8.jpg

But, In your previous post, you were speaking about the 2k3 for this, there no interest to take the 620

Ahh, yes, my apologises. I forgot to add "path to MCITP:EA" to my previous post. icon_redface.gif
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    Just got back from the 621 and passed it by the skin of my teeth with a 730. icon_eek.gif;)

The 620 part was pretty straight forward (almost a full bar) but the 622 part really hit me hard (around 50-60%).

Phew, anyway, that's that out of the way. :)
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats mate :)

A pass is a pass, well done.

-Ken
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    Yeah good news ! Congrats bowing.gif
    A pass is a pass.
  • Options
    pesinetpesinet Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP 70-210, MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCITP 70-646, ACHDS 10.4, ACTC 10.4, ACSP 10.5, MCTS 70-620, MCITP 70-623.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. :)

Just to add in case anyone wants to know for any reason: the exam was split into two sections. I had the 622 part first with 22 questions and the 620 second with 33 questions.

Took me about an hour or so to finish.

I imagine the 622 might become easier further down the line once study material becomes available for it. I used the MS Press book for the 620 part and bought the 30 day Transcender 621 practice exams.
    ~Thiassi