Options

Thinking about taking Security+

Hektik1nHektik1n Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do you guys recommend taking the Security+ exam. Or is their some sort of prerequisit test such as network+ i should consider before taking the security+

Will taking Network+ go hand in hand with the Security+ or should i just dive into Security+ without wasting time with Network+ ?

I'm working on MCSA / MCSE Certifications and would like to use the Security+ cert for my elective exam for both MCSA/MCSE. Although im not sure if i should do the Security+ or 70-299. What do you guys think is a better certification to have. I'm not saying haveing neither one is better then the other but from your experience is the Server+ or the 70-299 exam better then the other ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You do not need to pass the Net+ before the Sec+, but you should have a good understanding of the material.

Sec+ covers general security concepts while 299 covers Windows security. One advantage is that the Sec+ will give you another certification. I plan on getting both so that I can get the MCSA Security specialization.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Hektik1nHektik1n Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    You do not need to pass the Net+ before the Sec+, but you should have a good understanding of the material.

Sec+ covers general security concepts while 299 covers Windows security. One advantage is that the Sec+ will give you another certification. I plan on getting both so that I can get the MCSA Security specialization.

That's one of my reasons i choose to take Security+ since it will add another certification to the list. But i'd like to have both. Securty+ and 70-299. One well rounded (Security+) and one more specific (70-299)

Thanks for the reply