Options

Away to start MCSA course

keef-richardskeef-richards Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello I just graduated from University last sumer and I am currently working as an IT support analyst.

I'm away to self-teach myself to get an MCSA qualification, as I already have good experience with XP Pro and I have a 2003 server as well I'm hoping it wont be too hard.

However I have two questions.

1) I live in aberdeen, scotland. I've totally searched the Internet and the only place I see where I can sit the exam (not being part of a course) is in Edinburgh (120 miles away), does anyone know if there is a testing centre close to me ?

2) The 1st exam I plan to sit would be the 70-270 exam. How much will this exam cost me and are the rest of the mcsa exams the same price ?

Thank you

:)

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1. Try www.vue.com/vtclocator/ and www.2test.com/tcl/ZipCode.jsp for a complete list of all test centers per location.

2. Around $125, same for all MS exams.

Good luck!
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    As you can see Im also in Aberdeen. Nearest test centre is QA training in Union Terrace, although they are only open 1 day a month..Check often on prometric, as they get a lot of cancellations and i have booked 3exams within a week of sitting them..big time cramming required !

I have sat a few exams there, but mainly sit them in Glasgow.

All exams cost £88+vat per exam.

Feel free to pm me with any queries....
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    thanks a lot man :)

much appreciated - I think I may contact them and sort out when it would be possible to sit the exams, I'm looking at the 70-270 exam in end of FEB or beginning of MARCH.
  • Options
    In the office now...QA Aberdeen dates are:

21 Jan - Full
    18 Feb - Full
    17 Mar - Available (only when call Prometric direct)

Mike
  • Options
    thanks again for your help

Think I'll phone tomorrow and book the March date if I can :)
  • Options
    right some good news :)

booked exam for 17 March 2004 - in Aberdeen
    there was only 3 places left, so I encouraged one of my friends to get his booking in as well before its too late.

Better get down to some serious studying and try and pass this exam with flying colours :)
  • Options
    Lucky you. i just phoned up to book my last mcse exam, to be found they are fully booked. Great....Ever get that feeling that you wish you never said anything ?
  • Options
    /me feels ever so slightly guilty

sorry mate icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif