Options

Passed Server+ today :)

bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
Passed Server+

Found it a challenging exam, test seemed to hit me with just about everything from SCSI to Disaster Recovery - my exam seemed to also have a lot of SNMP questions.

Main sources were Exam Cram, Sybex, and work experience.

As a side note, I REALLY do not know why this certification has not gained popularity...very good for anyone that wants to work with servers or in data centers.

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats. How long did it take you to prepare for the exam?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! I was considering taking this one for some more server experience. I just might keep working on Microsoft.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bcairns wrote:
    Passed Server+
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    bcairns wrote:
    As a side note, I REALLY do not know why this certification has not gained popularity...very good for anyone that wants to work with servers or in data centers.
    I agree.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    dmjpdmjp Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to write server+ before December 1, 2007. Job requirement. I have seen the **** pdf and its 941 questions. Thats a hell of lot and a good place for me to start. Question is, what would be the best study material? The boss will pay if is sharable around the office. I work for a 3rd party maintenance company and all the techs will have to have server+ next year. Again what study material should I make the boss buy?

Da
  • Options
    iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    In response to the above post.

Server+ Certification Bible by Trevor Kay would be a good start.

Also...
    I have seen the "products to **** my way through exams because I'm too darn lazy to actually study for it" pdf and its 941 questions. Thats a hell of lot and a good place for me to start.

This is pointless and ruins any validness of your certification and others who take the same exams. Hope you're not seriously considering doing that.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Well done.

I didn't get many SNMP questions and just a few SCSI questions. Most of mine was disaster recovery and some OS basics.

I found the certification useful and I hope you find it useful also.