Options

Passed 642-812

Ferret999Ferret999 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Phew passed BCMSN with 945 although there were several points that I thought I had failed it there were loads of realy arbitary wireless questions in there that I though I had got wrong even though my report shows 90% for wireless.

Anyhow passed it and it feels good to finally get this one out of the way as I kept putting this one off due to my wedding and then my dad dying and me having to fly back home.

So tonight a nice cold beer me thinks and a toast to the old man :D

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man! I'm sure you made him proud! :)
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! well done, what's next?
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    not sure dtlokee either ISCW or ONT. Any recommendations on which one to do much appreciated ONT is the thinner study guide so it looks more appealing at the moment.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Looks like you were able to conquer over many stressful events. Best of luck on the next one. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Congrats Ferret! :)

Did you use anything for a home lab?

I am planning on taking the BSCI here pretty soon and plan to move to BCMSN, and am already looking around for possible lab equipment for it.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, way to keep your head up through so much adversity :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Optimus,

To be honest I struggled a lot more with the BCMSN than I did with the BSCI. Mainly because I do not work with Cisco stuff on a day to day basis in fact I might configure a device in work once a year and my home lab has no where near as many switches as it has routers.

I used a 3550 a 2950 and a 3548 (which was pretty useless). Also I do not have any Cisco wireless stuff which was really annoying I really want a WLC but unfortunatly I have no money these days. If you can get hold of some 2950's then they should help you a lot. If I was building a home lab again I would concentrate a lot more on acquiring switches rather than routers, well multilayer switches.

Also I thought Chris Bryants stuff for the BSCI was a lot better than his stuff for the BCMSN. Anyhow good luck and let me know if you need any more info.
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Hey thanks Ferrett. This helps. :)

I am using Bryant also for BSCI, and already have the BCMSN video. I have some 2950s, but no 3550 yet.

Congrats again on you pass.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□