just started 290, any advice? - Now Passed :)

dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I just started revising for 290 (looking to take the exam in a month), and i was looking for any advice on the exam and topics from people who are studying currently and people that have passed recently.

I have a little hands on experience with servers, but i will try and set up a virtual pc to have a play, any advice on the type of questions asked or hints and tips in general on 290 will be greatly appreciated.

It has just hit home how huge this exam is and how much work i am going to have to put in icon_eek.gif

Update: Took the exam today 3weeks to the day after i started revision and passed with 728 :D, 4 sims on the exam and it was tough, used Sybex, Exam cram and my own lab to revise for this, 70-291 next :)

Comments

• tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    One month seems aggressive for someone with "a little" server experience.

I would recommend studying from multiple sources and do everything you can with your lab.
  • GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    I find that it is the little details that will get you in the exam.

I recommend doing practice exams and then focus on the subjects that you didn't get right.
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have more than one study method, I would suggest a book, virtual pc, this site and practice exams. Also try to set up a home lab if you can, some hands on experience is better than none.
  • dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now passed with 728 :D
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki