Options

Passed Security+ on 9/5/07 with an 885/900 w00t!

maxhavocmaxhavoc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
This was my second CompTIA certification (after A+). This was the only test I've ever studied for in my life (yes, that includes the SAT and all my college exams) and I got an 885. ARGH! Three questions away from perfection! Damn you CompTIA! I'll get you yet!

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! What is next on your "hit-list"? :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    maxhavocmaxhavoc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Server+ then MCSE

I just wish there was a Sybex book for the Server+, the Sybex Security+ book prepared me very well for the exam.
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm sitting the Sec+ on Monday myself.
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    maxhavoc wrote:
    This was my second CompTIA certification (after A+). This was the only test I've ever studied for in my life (yes, that includes the SAT and all my college exams) and I got an 885. ARGH! Three questions away from perfection! Damn you CompTIA! I'll get you yet!

This is in no way a reference to you maxhavoc i know lots and lots of people that have and havent studied for the SAT.

But,

Isnt the SAT/college exams supposed to be a cumulative representation of how much you learned in school? Its kinda disappointing that people can buy books geared towards the types of questions on the exam. Which completely underminds the entire purpose. Its just that i know individuals who go take classes, read several SAT/ACT books and know exactly what will be covered, how the questions will be, and get a TI calculator program that will do all the math and then their score jumps drastically. All the while their knowledge base has not improved much at all.

Just food for thought.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Sorry i almost forgot.

CONGRATS DUDE!!!!

I took more pride in studying and passing sec+ than anything else. It was my first true cert challenge (2nd cert) and i actually had to learn something. Take it with pride and move on to the next one.
  • Options
    kool4caatskool4caats Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done mate! I'm just starting to study for my Sec+
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    linuxgnubeelinuxgnubee Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh sure, maxhavoc, just gloat some more ... hee hee hee! Well done. Unlike SATs and college exams, this really means something icon_wink.gif

I've been saying for about 10 yrs now, "I gotta get certified" but came up with excuses not to follow through. So I passed mine on Friday. I'm hooked. Maybe I'll take on MCSE now.

Cheers.
    Weirdness Happens!
  • Options
    wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GREAT!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    whatd you use to pass
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats!!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.