Eigrp and wildcard mask

DowimaDowima Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi everyone, Guys i have 3 router connected to each other with no loops ( R1 connected to R2 and R3 ,R2 to R1, R3 to R1).
I have activated EIGRP on all the routers but with i configure it on R1 it give me an option of either to enter the wild card mask or not. but on R3 and R2 when configuring EIGRP I don't have the option to enter the wildcard mask ?

One more thing EIGRP should support VLSM, but how it can distinguish between segments if i entered the address in as classfull ?
CCIE ,
I'll get you .

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dowima wrote:
    hi everyone, Guys i have 3 router connected to each other with no loops ( R1 connected to R2 and R3 ,R2 to R1, R3 to R1).
    I have activated EIGRP on all the routers but with i configure it on R1 it give me an option of either to enter the wild card mask or not. but on R3 and R2 when configuring EIGRP I don't have the option to enter the wildcard mask ?

One more thing EIGRP should support VLSM, but how it can distinguish between segments if i entered the address in as classfull ?

The wildcard mask was added in IOS 12.0 or 12.1 i forget, if your IOS is older the router does not accept it. The network statement does not tell the router what to advertise, just what interfaces to start running EIGRP on, the router still advertises the network/subnet configured on the interface by the IP address command.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    The wildcard mask was added in IOS 12.0 or 12.1 i forget...

It was apparently added in IOS 12.0(4)T...so check to see what version of IOS you have on the other routers as DT indicated...and that would be why you have differences...

Also, to add the optional network-mask argument allows you to use network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.252 or network 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.3
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!