Options

BSCI practice questions or no

larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
alright fella's, I have been studting the BSCI via self study book and home lab. I have not looked at any practice questions and to be honest if you learned the labs and studoed then really what is the purpose of the practice questions?

I am feeling good and getting ready.

collecting 2 cents here...
just trying to keep it all in perspective!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    To see how ready you are, possibly find weak areas, learn new details, get into test mode, boost confidence and because it's fun ;)
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    and a good reality check........... :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

all very good points and which practice test best prepared you for the bsci, recommendations?
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    ITdude wrote:
    and a good reality check........... :)

true... it always brings you down when you think you know a topic, the you do a test and get stuck on the first question!

I love practice tests, personally its the way i learn things best... like i do a lot of study, take notes, play with my labs, but really its the practice tests that drive home the key topics and let you know what your weak areas are..
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    About a month prior to taking the actual exams I usually do as many practice tests and questions as possible and come back to the areas that are giving me trouble. Once I've re-studied the material I retest to make sure I haven't leaked anything. When I feel that I can answer things confidently and I'm "in the zone" I take the test.

Practice tests are a great way to get into the test taking mentality. This is especially true if you take your practice tests in a similar envirionment as your test center. By this I mean no outside noise, no calculator, no internet, just a white board and a terminal. Time yourself, eat right, etc.

If you practice taking tests you have a much higher percentage chance of passing when you sit the exam. Knowing the material is only half the battle. Knowing how to apply the material to a test to get correct answers is the rest.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    so who are you all recommending as a good and reliable source for practice tests BSCI?

I have only used the practice test from the ccna prep center when I was ramping up for that one.
  • Options
    I see no one wants to cop to the fact they all have subcriptions with **** and know they will get flamed, HUH!!

seriously what worked for you?

I heard **** by soem telco\ip engineers, measureup, transcender?

Come on what worked for you?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you asking what's the best **** to use? icon_confused.gif

We usually delete posts that reference **** and the users usually get banned -- in case you were wondering why there aren't any **** thread here. Flaming the idiots just takes away from the study time of the people here who prefer to earn their certifications the "hard way" (by really studying).

The filters that change the ****/**** names here prevent those sites from using TechExams.Net to move up in the Internet search rankings.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    larkspur wrote:
    I see no one wants to cop to the fact they all have subcriptions with xxxxxxxxxx and know they will get flamed, HUH!!

seriously what worked for you?

I heard xxxxxxxxxxxx by soem telco\ip engineers, measureup, transcender?

Come on what worked for you?

What worked for me? Studying and learning the material. As far as practice questions, most publications that are designed to prep for the CCNP offer questions at the end of chapters as well as question based test engines. There are various websites with free questions (like this one) and simply browsing forums like this and groupstudy are great ways to learn.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Basically, any test engine that doesn't use the actual exam questions is going to be good. I'd recommend Transcender, as it's always served me well through most of my cert-exams and people on this forum and that I've worked with all seem to like it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Ferret999Ferret999 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Selftest software they are the same as Transcender but with a few less questions in the question bank and a bit cheaper. Their new CCNP tests do not include simulation questions yet. Boson and Measureup I have also used in the past and it is Boson you get on the CD's with the cert books although last time I checked neither of these had exams for the new CCNP.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you buy the Cisco press books they come with testing software. Its pretty good to find your weak points and it also has a button at the bottom that brings up the chapter from the PDF for the question so you don't have to go flipping through the book to look up the answer which I thought was pretty cool.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Are you asking what's the best **** to use?

Dude, of course not. There is no way in hell I would use that.

icon_lol.gif

Thanks guys for posting your input. I appreaciate it.
    Now I have a good recommendations so I can spend my money wisley!! !!