Options

ZOMG - passed this afternoon 914!!!!

squeakstarsqueakstar Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
4 simulations all based on permissions and user accounts.

Prob a bit easier than 70-270, though i prepared much more this time. There just seemed to be so much in all the practice test questions about little niches not often used in our department, so crammed hard (and watched jerry springer in between) :D

Used:-
sybex (missed loads out by they way, but was given out with course materials)
MS-Press (fab, and included very hard measure up practice tests)
Test Out (Ace sims and good questions)
Virtual Server on 2003 hosting member server and clients

By the way, i'm wishing my company hadn't forked out for a course for me now. Their online video stuff isn't too deep and i think i gain more from a few books and test-out. can't remember the provider name right now but the 70-290 vidz feature aaron spurlock, who should have his own fan-club, but feel the vidz aren't too comprehensive.

is there an aaron spurlock fan-club? icon_wink.gif

70-291 here i come!
squeaks squeak

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Excellent! Well done :)

I hope that I get a score like that in the next couple of months when I attempt this one.

I'm using the MS Press book (amongst other study guides/vids) and I have to say, i think it's pretty good too.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats - good score!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and don't forget to update your profile with the new exam under your belt.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    Congratumalations!

:)
  • Options
    mclemore1mclemore1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! How long did the exam take you?
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    squeakstar wrote:
    4 simulations all based on permissions and user accounts.

Prob a bit easier than 70-270, though i prepared much more this time. There just seemed to be so much in all the practice test questions about little niches not often used in our department, so crammed hard (and watched jerry springer in between) :D

Used:-
    sybex (missed loads out by they way, but was given out with course materials)
    MS-Press (fab, and included very hard measure up practice tests)
    Test Out (Ace sims and good questions)
    Virtual Server on 2003 hosting member server and clients

By the way, i'm wishing my company hadn't forked out for a course for me now. Their online video stuff isn't too deep and i think i gain more from a few books and test-out. can't remember the provider name right now but the 70-290 vidz feature aaron spurlock, who should have his own fan-club, but feel the vidz aren't too comprehensive.

is there an aaron spurlock fan-club? icon_wink.gif

70-291 here i come!

Congratulations!!! woohoo, and shhh be quiet "The Beast" might here your after him.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!! Im hitting this one up next, so its nice to see success stories.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    squeakstarsqueakstar Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mclemore1 wrote:
    congrats! How long did the exam take you?

..thanks for the pats on the backs everyone - in answer to your question i had about 50 mins left and i checked over my questions plenty, seemed like far too much time at the time...

...someone mentioned the beast... yikes, flicking through it the past week and its like i have barely any experience of that, i've mainly worked in small businesses, so all my networking skill has revolved around 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 ...etc

gonna go post in the 70-291 from now chaps, seen a few of ya in there already...

later dudes
    squeaks squeak