My next exam

Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

After a break for the Summer, I have decided to hit the books again and decided to hit 70-294.

What should I be aware of for this animal ?

Cheers
Colin

Comments

• dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my understanding, this exam covers Implementing and Troubleshooting GPOs, AD replication, Users and Groups, and some thought into planning of AD deployment. I think this lays the foundation for the 70-297 exam, like how 70-299 helps with 70-298. I'm not too certain though, as I'm still prepping for 70-294.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know if "Domain Trusts" are covered much on this exam ?

Colin
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    You will definetely see questions regarding all types of trusts.
  • dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Irish Man wrote:
    Hello All,

After a break for the Summer, I have decided to hit the books again and decided to hit 70-294.

What should I be aware of for this animal ?

Cheers
    Colin

Group policy is big on this exam. Same format as the other exams within the Microsoft MCSE core. As always (but especially due to nature of this exam's content), be careful with the wording of the questions. One slight detail can make a difference in your answer(s).
    Be familiar with site replications, trusts, domain and forest level functionality, ect.
    I personally used Test Out CBTs, MSPress book (which has MeasureUp practice exams - I like the review questions included with the MSPress books, they really help cover the Exam's objectives), and Exam Cram 2. I also have a good amount of experience with AD with my current position.

There is plenty of time on the exam, so try not to skim over the questions. I had caught myself skipping words and I had to re-read the questions.
    Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates