Options

BSCI 642-901

NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
I feel like the Cisco Press book is not enough to prepare me for BSCI, i'm almost done with it and i was wondering if anybody had more references for the exam, maybe some www.cisco.com links available to help in topic such as "Manipulating Routing Updates" which includes Redistribution and DHCP Configuration, "IP Multicast".
Thank you gentlemen. icon_eek.gif
What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
- 70-270 -

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    At the end of many of the chapters there are links to additional references, they are helpful.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've found that at the CCNP+ level just reading one book doesn't cut it. I'm not going to advise you to read RFCs and commit them to writ memory, but I do advise you to skim the RFC's for material that you have trouble with so that you can try to better understand the material. In addition, resources such as CBT nuggets are great as well.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    which cisco press book do you have?

I have the Self Study guide and the office exam cert guide, and i'm finding the combination of them to be great!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was just going to suggest the same thing...To get a fuller understanding the self-study guide versus the cert guide is a good place to start, even if there is some stuff in there not on the exams. You are still learning......
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The BSCI quick reference sheets and the BSCI quick command book are both great resources as well. Both can be had from Cisco Press via Amazon for under $40.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    When my former boss was studying for his BSCI exam, (albeit, it was for 642-801,) he began looking at some of the "other" routing books from Cisco. The de facto standard is always Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1, along with Volume 2. He also mentioned that Troubleshooting IP Routing Protocols and Internet Routing Architectures were very helpful as he was studying and setting up some labs for himself. All of these books were outside the "enough for the certification" scope of information, giving more complete and in-depth details about the specific topics they cover. And your idea about searching the Cisco site for information is a good one, I'm sure if you search for the topics you mentioned, as well as those listed in the exam topics, you'll find lots of articles on just about everything you'll need. It's probably no different than any other cert exam, you need more than one resource for studying.

And I can personally recommend the CBT Nuggets course for this exam, as I've been looking at some of the videos to get a better understanding of EIGRP and OSPF for both my CCNA exam and for my own personal benefit. The instructor is well-spoken and you can tell that he's very knowledgable and enjoys what he does.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    have you visited teh CCNP prep center? There is good info there as well.
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!