Options

Techexams N+ study guide

sumencsumenc Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

Is the Techexam N+ study guide, all the exam prep i need to pass? Does it cover everything in the exam? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    sumenc wrote:
    Hi

Is the Techexam N+ study guide, all the exam prep i need to pass? Does it cover everything in the exam? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:
    Yes and no. The Technotes is a great review guide for those who have experience or have studied other textbooks. How many years of experience do you have with networks? Have you worked with Microsoft Windows Servers, Mac Servers, Novell, or UNIX/Linux? I would suggest looking for a textbook to read and study like ExamCram2 for Network+ or one of the Sybex books.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sumenc wrote:
    Hi

Yes, it covers the objectives very well. HOWEVER,

No. If you review any of the posts here you will notice a very common trend....most people use (and recommend) a couple different GOOD resources. Experience is preferred. Download the objectives so you know what areas may be covered. For CompTIA exams Sybex and for NET+/A+ exams Meyers books are very helpful. Cram books are just that...crams and are designed for candidates who are looking for a review of the material. Sybex/Meyers target candidates who need a bit more instruction...but their material works nicely for a more indepth review.

And we are fortunate here at TechExams to have our very own, very good resource of a downloaded PDF of the NET+ technotes
    Consider additional training from Trainsignal and CBTNuggets. Both offer very good training resources to supplement ones study.

Best wishes
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Hi

thanks for the feedback, I just passed my A+ 2006 and the classes i took covered the A+ and N+. I dont really have experience in networking. I work in a helpdesk but we do very little network support. I will try to buy the books. Is there any other tips?

Once again thanks very much for the feedback. thanks you
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    sumenc wrote:
    Hi

thanks for the feedback, I just passed my A+ 2006 and the classes i took covered the A+ and N+. I dont really have experience in networking. I work in a helpdesk but we do very little network support. I will try to buy the books. Is there any other tips?

Once again thanks very much for the feedback. thanks you
    You could try Transcender to help you learn more about networking. As you answer questions, you can review the answer for more details.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Though your main question has been answered in this topic already, at the end of the TechNotes Sticky in this forum someone recently asked the same question where I and others provided an answer.
  • Options
    tonygtonyg Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also suggest the fee study guide download at cramsession.com. You have to register, but it only takes a minute. Their guide & the great Technotes here and All-in-One are what I am using to prepare.

http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/products/list-study-guides.asp
  • Options
    I will check it out, thanks for the help guys