Options

FFS, Another interview bust

We'll another job interview that was a bust. I'm finding it a real pain the ass to find a job... maybe someone can give me some advice. I'm kinda down right now, but trying to keep my head up & still applying for jobs.

I had a interview for network admin job, 1st interview went great. got a call back for a 2nd interivew, this time with director was sitting in. It was down to myself & 2 other ppl. Very friendly atomsphere. The start of the 2nd interivew was going pretty good. The director was late, she apologized for it. She then took over the interview, It was more or less she expressed her concern about the commute, I did everything to convince her that commute wouldnt be an issue. She did ask me 1 or 2 questions regarding the job, but they were basically, do you know "xyz & zyx." Then right back the commute issue.

The total interview was roughly 40mins. It seemed like the communte killed my chance at the job. icon_cry.gif
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How far would the commute be for you? Unless it is longer than 1 and a half hours one way I don't see why it would be a problem. I know people who drive 2 hours to work and 2 hours back and I am sure there are people who travel longer. If it is a problem with your potential employer is it possible for you to move?
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    It would of been an hour drive there
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You never know when it comes to some companies. They may have been burned lately by a few employees leaving because the commute was too long, so they decided they will never let that happen to them again. It's like the company sending everyone to sensitivity training only after the get sued.
    The only easy day was yesterday!