Options

Passed this exam today!

nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I passed 70-270 today with a score of 952, which I'm really pleased with!

The Sybex book proved quite useful, it was a great aid and proved crucial when I actually sat down and went through the exam. The TechNotes from this site and CBTnuggets really helped too. I'm also a fulltime PC tech so I guess that gave me a bit of a head start, as well.

I finished the exam with 30 minutes left from the allotted 135 minutes, after reviewing 5 marked questions and one unanswered question.

This was my first Microsoft exam after recently passing a flurry of CompTIA exams, and there is indeed a big difference in the style of question with the Microsoft test. Every question was at least a paragraph long and needed to be read through at least twice!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who posted useful information for this cert :D
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on passing your first Microsoft exam, and your new MCP credential. What's next: going for 70-290, or something else?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats!

I'm gonna have a break for a week or so, then get back to studying. Although I'd like to be unorthodox and unpredictable, I will probably pursue the MCSA track and take 70-290 next!

I have a whole domain set up at home with Server 2003 so that should help me with 70-290 studies too - my girlfriend is my domain user guinea pig. icon_lol.gif
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and be careful and choose your words carefully about your girlfriend. :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Taco_BanditTaco_Bandit Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my 270 last week on of Friday 9/14/07 too. Not as high as you but, I still passed. I am studying for the 290 next. I don't have a network setup yet and I am looking to get the server 2003 software. Wish me luck. icon_arrow.gificon_study.gif
    When all else fails, read the manual.
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    Server 2003 trial is available as a free download from Microsoft, good untill 6 months. Windows Longhorn Server will be officially released next year but we'll belive it when we see it, you may want to get your feet wet in that domain since its the future of technology.