Options

Scheduled wrong test with VUE

Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all, I have very bad news about my testing experience with VUE. I honestly thought I registered for the right test 642-901 but VUE insisted I registered for 642-961 which I never knew existed. They refused to change it to the right test and allow me to take the correct test. They also refused to reschedule or cancel without losing my many. I decided to try and take that test since I was going to lose my many anyways and as I expected I failed the test as I knew nothing about the topic it covered. I checked what test it was once I returned from the testing center. It's called Cisco data center network infrastructure design. Ha ha I never studied network design so I wasn't surprised that I scored 399 out of possible passing of 700. I just wanted to warn you all that you double check several times to make sure you've scheduled yourself for the right exam because VUE will never work with you to give you any other option but to lose your many so you can pay them again. Unfortunately Cisco exams are only through VUE right now. I'm actually looking for a competitor but I found nothing so far. Not to mention VUE's testing area was a mess, and the computers were slow and very old, the one I tested on was running windows NT workstation. I don't know why we can't test through Prometric anymore, thats where I did my ccna and it was excellent experience. Their testing area was nice and clean and the their computers were fast enough.
INE v4 volume 1

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah this happens more than you would expect. My school is both Prometric and VUE, we have about 50 canidates per week come through and 2-3 have scheduled the wrong exam (and a few who think they have when they get a question that mentions SQL server on their 290 exam). Typically thy get mad at us because we can't fix it, but that's their policy, not ours. The moral of the story is verify the information in the confirmation email they send to you and make sure it's correct.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That was always one of my biggest fears -- either signing up for the wrong test, or studying for the wrong test.

I always kept a screen print of my scheduled exams posted by my study area -- and I always checked it. And then sometimes I'd go back online in case I had changed an exam or date and forgot to update the posted screen print.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you do this registration online via vue website? If so, then you should have canceled the exam through the website. Your allowed to cancel or reschedual it any time cept the day before the exam, granted that you schedualed the exam intially 2 business days prior to the exam date.

If you paid with a voucher then your SOL icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    This should not make anyone worry. Just print out the confirmation email you get, and bring it with you. If there is a problem at the center, it does not matter because you have the PROOF. The proof is in the pudding (or so they say) icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    optimus wrote:
    This should not make anyone worry. Just print out the confirmation email you get, and bring it with you. If there is a problem at the center, it does not matter because you have the PROOF. The proof is in the pudding (or so they say) icon_rolleyes.gif

This only works if the email has the right test, but if he signed up for the wrong one I'm sure the conformation was for the wrong test........
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Uhhhh, yeah, duh! icon_rolleyes.gif

That is why you look at the email BEFORE you go to the center. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    might help! :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.