Options

Transitioning from Win2000 to 2003.

Todd1225Todd1225 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm currently smack dab in the middle of classes for MCSA on Win2000. After taking XP and Server, I would like to switch over to A+, and then possibly come back to finish MCSA.

I realize that employers are wanting people that are versatile, and I know i'm not gonna leap from a call center to an admin job with the MCSA. So I'm thinking that MCP on XP and Server with A+ will make me a better candidate for a help desk position.

Now that you have some background, here is my question:

Will it be possible to temporarily ditch the Active Directory and Network Infrastructure with Win2000, and come back and take the same classes when they are converted to Win2003. I'm sure my school is gonna drop 2000 Server when 2003 comes into the picture.

Thanks Everyone!!!!
Todd Baugh
Aspiring Network Tech

Comments

• Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Microsoft tends to build features onto an existing OS... I think you'll find 2003 to be easier to grasp if you go into it already having a grasp of Active Directory. That combined with the fact that if you find a company that is running 2000, odds are they aren't gonna swtich to 2003 right away - times are tuff and purse strings are tight, so convincing them to upgrade is a hard sell icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K