Options

Taking exam next Tuesday! **UPDATED PASSED!**

msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
For those who don't remember one of my older posts, I live in the Canadian Arctic and because we don't have road access the only way to take certification exams is to fly to the nearest testing center 3-4ish hours away.

My boss was nice enough to pay for my plane ticket and fly me down so I could take my test. Visa points paid for my hotel and I had a 25% off voucher for my test!

So the test is scheduled for next Tuesday (sept 25th), Security+ here I come!

Comments

• Options
    linuxgnubeelinuxgnubee Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow. Nice boss! Now, pardon my geography ineptitude, but where abouts is the Canadian Arctic and where are you taking your exam?

Good luck and let us know how you do :D
    Weirdness Happens!
  • Options
    Well I live about 200km inside the Arctic Circle (by the north pole) and I am taking my exam in Yellowknife NT
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Good luck!
    Nice boss. I thought the only people that far north made toys for a living.
    I tried to get my boss to send me to DefCon. But he gets antsy when I ask for per diem in singles.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    IllusionkingIllusionking Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First, good luck with your exam sounds like you should do fine with your dedication, IE you wouldn't go through all this hassle if you weren't ready.

Also say hi to Santa Claws (horror movie fan...sorry) for me and tell him I want the new Xbox360 Halo3 edition for Christmas. That is if you see him around.

Thank you
    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    Done: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70,293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299,
    A.S. Electronic Engineering
    A.S. CIS
    A.S. Social/Behavioral Sciences
    Studying
    CCNA
  • Options

Also say hi to Santa Claws (horror movie fan...sorry) for me and tell him I want the new Xbox360 Halo3 edition for Christmas. That is if you see him around.

I will see what I can do for you, I usually see him at the grocery store buying doughnuts.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Good luck! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    ketch.ubetchaketch.ubetcha Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to take my test on the 25th, but a friend of mine said that if you are confident with the knowledge go for it.....The longer you wait, the more you are not going to study or forget things.

So I changed it to tomorrow, but still nervous. icon_pale.gif
  • Options
    Well I'm just sitting around waiting to take my test at 1:00 I got 99% on my transcender test this morning! :D
    Still really nervous about taking the exam.
    I've gone through all my study materials.
    gone over each objective in every domain.

I think I'm ready!
  • Options
    Wooohooo! I passed with a score of 841! The exam wasn't too difficult. surprisingly the questions weren't worded tricky and most of them were straight forward and I didn't have to review to many!
    I used the Sybex Security+ 3rd edition, exam cram questions, transcender practice tests, technotes, and Wikipedia to study for this exam.
    next up is either CEH or 70-270.

:D
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey congrats!!!

841 is quite impressive!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations!
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!