Options

Which order is recommended for tackling the CCNP tests?

cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just passed the CCNA and am wondering which CCNP test to tackle first?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd say go for the BCSI and BCMSN first (in either order) and then follow those up with ICSW and ONT. A lot of people say BCSI should be first, but I have never heard any solid reason that supports that idea. I started with BCMSN just because it was more interesting to me at the time. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    I'd say go for the BCSI and BCMSN first (in either order) and then follow those up with ICSW and ONT. A lot of people say BCSI should be first, but I have never heard any solid reason that supports that idea. I started with BCMSN just because it was more interesting to me at the time. Good luck!

I agree with this as well. Everyone will pretty much tell you that the BCSI and BCMSN should be your first 2 exams, your next should be ICSW and your last should be ONT since this will put all your new skills from the past 3 exams to work.

As far as doing the BCSI and BCMSN first or second, I agree with what networker stated. Do the one that you are interested in the most or applys to your job the most. There are many here that have done the BCMSN first, but again it does not matter.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am more interested in BCMSN right now.
  • Options
    buulambuulam Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For myself, I started with BCMSN (actually, I just passed it today!). I went with that first as it was a quick win since I deal with those topics at work more often than the other exams' topics.

I will take a week off from studying but I think I will actually tackle ONT next. After a quick glance, I am interested in studying QOS and WLAN more in depth than what was covered in BCMSN.

After that, probably BSCI before ISCW
    Currently working on:
    CCNP (BCMSN, ONT, ISCW completed)
    HP ASE ProCurve Networking (BPRAN, Security completed)