Networking/Windows XP issues

Demise212Demise212 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone out there will be willing to give a helping idea as to why I'm have this issue.

I have an existing network of my DSL, Linksys Wireless router/Intergrated Switch{w/ default settings} 2 PC's and a third one I just added.All have the correct IP addressing scheme, all can get out to the internet.All three PC's have the same naming convention for the workgroup.All access and file sharing between PC's 1&2, are fine and have been working for awhile.

The issues are as follows.When I try to ping from either PC's 1&2 over to PC 3 I do NOT get a reply, but, the reverse is not the same.PC 3 CAN ping and get a reply from both machines.{Possible Windows Firewall issue?}Also, if I check my View Network Groups on PC's 1&2 I can see PC 3.When I try and connect, from either 1 or 2, it times out on me.If the reverse is done on PC 3 I CANNOT see PC's 1&2.I'm looking to get a resolution on this as I've been trying to fix this for a couple of days now.....the ledge is not far away now. icon_eek.gif

Thank you very much for all and any replies.

Comments