Options

DTE and DCE cables for frame-relay

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
has anyone had problems with these serial crossover cables, I had some and the interface just wonldn't go into an up up state, then as soon as I switched back to my Cisco V.35 DTE & a V.35 DCE cables pluged together the link worked fine.

I tried all three cables and found the same problem, has anyone else had this? am I better getting more of the V.35 DTE & a V.35 DCE that plug together rather that trying more crossover serial cables?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Cisco-DTE-DCE-Back-to-Back-Crossover-Cable_W0QQitemZ120162587919QQihZ002QQcategoryZ176QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    nope, no problems at all, I have two 3ft ones and two 1ft ones (these are extremely helpful!)

Make sure you have the clock rate configured properly, make sure the cable is plugged in properly, and try flapping the interface with shut and no shut...
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought 5 of the 1ft. cables from ebay and I have one that does that. At first I thought it was one of my cards gone bad, but I switched the cable and walla.

But having 3 cables not work correctly is wierd. Not sure what to tell ya on that one.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    I bought 5 of the 1ft. cables from ebay and I have one that does that. At first I thought it was one of my cards gone bad, but I switched the cable and walla.

yeah I bought 3 and 2 were doing it to start off with, then they all started doing it! i've sent them back now, but i'll have to order some more and cross my fingers I think
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    yea from monoprice.com.

like i'll plug them in and the show controllers will say no cable. then i will switch them around and they work fine
    i herd u leik mudkips lol