Options

Should I just go take the 70-297 Exam?

dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
icon_confused.gif:

I'm thinking about sitting this (maybe this weekend or next). Since I passed 294 without any hangup, should I just go ahead and take it? The material from 294 and 293/291 is still fresh in my brain. Or should I get a book and study up first?

I'm very anxious to get my MCSE, it's been a very long struggle for me to earn it.
icon_bounce.gif
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you taken any of the other exams that are in the case study format? If not, you may want to get a practice test that use the same format.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you checked the skills being measured on the Prep site?
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-297.mspx

I would maybe get one of the smaller books like exam cram just to make sure you are familiar with the material and as ajs1976 suggested, a practice test. Exam crams sometimes come with a CD.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also, to get an idea of what the case study format looks like, you can download this sim from Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=D4B474C8-2608-46AE-8267-75547A1BCA35&DisplayLang=en

(EDIT: The case study format is a few questions in, after the drag n drop/hotspot questions).
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:

I would maybe get one of the smaller books like exam cram just to make sure you are familiar with the material and as ajs1976 suggested, a practice test. Exam crams sometimes come with a CD.

Actually, icon_redface.gif I didn't look at it. Looks like review to me, plus I at least touch a few of these objectives on a day-to-day basis (Except WINS, we don't really use that anymore but I'm familar with it).

I've got a CBT for 297, but a practice test may be useful... icon_bounce.gif

I'm still leaning towards just sitting the exam anyway. Even if I don't pass, I will definately know what's on the exam and what my weak points are.
    I feel 70-80% ready, (not more because I haven't studied the official MSPress material). I usally don't know how I feel until the day of the exam.

I agree, I probably should get a practice exam - looking at the example of a case study. icon_scratch.gif
    I dunno...
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    dstock7337 wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

Actually, icon_redface.gif I didn't look at it. Looks like review to me, plus I at least touch a few of these objectives on a day-to-day basis (Except WINS, we don't really use that anymore but I'm familar with it).

I've got a CBT for 297, but a practice test may be useful... icon_bounce.gif

I'm still leaning towards just sitting the exam anyway. Even if I don't pass, I will definitely know what's on the exam and what my weak points are.
    I feel 70-80% ready, (not more because I haven't studied the official MSPress material). I usally don't know how I feel until the day of the exam.

I agree, I probably should get a practice exam - looking at the example of a case study. icon_scratch.gif
    I dunno...

I don't know if it was just the 70-219 or if it's every case study exam, but my biggest complaint was and still is that the score sheet for my 219 exam did not have the bar graphs telling you how you did in each area!