Options

Time to prepare 70-291?

yeehayeeha Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Can anyone who has passed this exam tell me how long you had spent on preparation?

If I set two months, do you think that is too long?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well yeeha, how much experience do you have with the skills being measured in 291?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.mspx

This exam is called "The Beast" because it is generally considered the toughest of the MCSE 2003 series, along with 292. It can be very heavy on detailed DNS configuration and trouble shooting and aslo has a heavy dose of DHCP and WSUS.

I would say that for an experienced administrator, 2 months would be about right if you're also wanting to have a family/social life during your studies. If you are the kind that can study and do labs several hours a day with discipline then you could cut down the study time somewhat. However, there are many sharp guys and gals on this forum who have reported 2-3 tries before passing this exam, so don't under estimate it.

Good luck, and welcome to the site! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Have you done MS exams before ?
    If not, the format of those can be a little confusing at first, so it might be a good idea to start with an easier one.

Also, Good luck and welcome aboard ! :D
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    yeehayeeha Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for all your advice!

I have finished 70-270 and 70-290 and now I am moving forward to 70-291. I finally understand why it is called "The Beast", I do have hard time when I studied to the in-depth area like DNS and DHCP configurations. Well, I think I really need more than two months to prepare because I am working full-time and of course personal life is a must. :D
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck, and post any questions you may have while studying. There are several here who have felt your pain and would be more than willing to help out. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.