Options

DNS Question

Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Currently my environment consists of 1 Root Domain with 2 Child Domains. I need to create a 4th domain that will be used for a Web application authentication process. This will be an external domain that does not have any AD Replication configured with my internal AD.

The problem I have is I need to allow both internal and external user authenticate through the single AD. This I can create a one-way trust between domains to allow this, my question is what type of DNS Zone should I configure as I do not want my external DNS to know about all my internal DNS records ?

Hope this makes sense
Colin

Comments

• Options
    KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Colin;

I'm thinking that you should configure a primary zone for that external domain, and have it stored on one your internal dns. Then configure a secondary zone for the external domain to be stored on your external dns server. That should allow everything to work out, in the process protecting your record from been altered by you know who. Hope that helps.

Peace!!!
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle