Options

SEC+ Next Monday 10/1

falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Love the site. Very informative and helpful.

I have an A+, MCP (WIN 2K) and actually completing my Bachelors of network communications and Management from Devry (a little more than 1 year left)because I have seen how important a Bachelors is to get ahead.

I am trying to get back in the CERTS game so I wanted to start with getting my MSCA in Win2K (by taking SEC+) and upgrading with 70-292 for Win2k3.

Beleive it or not but I work as an IT MANAGER for a Real Estate firm and get paid well. But we have a VERY simple environment, the Real Estate market is unstable and I need to get with the big boys and learn the tough ropes. I aint getting any younger.

I am using SYBEX, FREE CRAM PRACTICE questions and some other misc practice tests some one shared with me (NOT ****...**** ARE FOR CHUMPS!! icon_wink.gif )

I am a little under pressure so Wish me luck....I'll let you guys know how i did.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you falcon. icon_cool.gif

And you better hurry on 292, it's retiring soon. icon_eek.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

Actually I don't think I am ready to take the test yet since I have not practiced and studied that much. I will reschedule it after my semester at Devry ends in Mid Oct.

292 retiring? So if I do get my MCSA in Win2k (Hopefully by passing SEC+)....What is the upgrage path to MCSA 2003??
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    292 is retiring in March '08 along with the Windows 2000 exams. If you don't make it in time, but already have Sec+ for your elective and Windows 2000 Pro for the client, you would have to take 290 and 291 seperately.

I just finished 292 and it was not easy. i'm working on Sec+ now.

good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2