Options

Horrible Test Experience

networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
So today I went to take my BCMSN. When I got there and settled in I was informed the exam file was corrupted. So they told me they would have to download the exam again from the main VUE data base. No big deal they said it would be about 15 minutes. Three hours later the exam still had not fully downloaded. I had other things to do so I had to reschedule which took another 30 min. Well my exam is now on Monday. This is my first test with VUE and I have to say I'm not impressed. So I'll have another go on Monday!
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have had this issue with my ccda about 3 years ago. The exams can range between 20MB to 350MB in size and they are all transfered in ZIP files. When you have a small office on 256k T1, this can take FOREVER!! I waited 40 minutes on my ccda exam when I took it. With vue, they have to push the exams out to the testing site and if the exam dosent get pushed out in time, then yeah you guessed it icon_lol.gif

I'm sure sitting there watching it copy zip files in a dos window was quite boring eh?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm sure sitting there watching it copy zip files in a dos window was quite boring eh?

That was excrutiating! icon_evil.gif Man, the center really needs to upgrade their interent connection.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep, I feel ya pain, been there done that icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The problem with downloading them is not the testcenter as much as the datacenter side, I have a T-3 at my school and it still dl at 50-70k per second. The test files are typically between 7-15mb, I've never seen on at 350 mb.

Good luck on Monday!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bummer... at least you have the extra weekend to study

good luck monday!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security