Options

Too BAD I failed again

MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
This is my 2nd time I failed on the exam, first I have 693 score on my first attempt, 2nd attempt I got 737 and again failed. In my first attempt I got good percent in vlan and stp and got lower on wireless and voip, redundancy. In my 2nd attempt I got good percent on this topic but those I got good percent in my 1st attempt I got lower percent. What is wrong with me?
I have read many times the books, reference,, I don't know what I miss but for sure I know the stuff.

Can someone help me?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Each topic in the exam blueprint seems to have its theory parts, and then the configure/verify parts -- are you doing enough hands on configuration/practice so that it all makes sense?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    Try getting the latest student guide.
    I hate pandas
  • Options
    Your right mike, maybe the problem is I have focus more on theory part and not focus on configure / verify parts. Though I have access to 3560, 2950, 2900 XL switch I have tried little hands on and more on theory part.

Anyway does any one of new read the student guide of configuring wireless aironet, it is published last 2003. No idea if this one is updated but It might be helpful.

Still my wireless is not good got 50 % but in voip and redundancy I got 85 % both and vlan and stp got lower 70 and 40 % as I said to my prev. post I got vlan and stp 80 in my 1st attempt, I am lossing hope I dont know if I can still pass the next attempt this Nov.
  • Options
    buulambuulam Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You might want to consider grabbing the command reference guide for this exam and sitting down with some switches and practice each command thoroughly and observe all the "show" outputs as well as debugs. I noticed several questions where you had to interpret those and observing them will help with understanding the protocols overall
    Currently working on:
    CCNP (BCMSN, ONT, ISCW completed)
    HP ASE ProCurve Networking (BPRAN, Security completed)
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    my two cents is that you need way more practical than theory in any cisco exam... sure you need to understand the theory but its the practice that helps you understand the theory
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Cucumber wrote:
    Try getting the latest student guide.

Which one are you talking about ?
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    I read it twice maybe during my exam my mind is lost, at the middle of exam I am starting to cram. Do you think there is effect when taking evening exam than morning exam?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There are a lot of topics covered on the BCMSN. Ensure you study them all completely. What I do is reveiw everything I covered previously before starting my study for the day. You don't want to push all your STP knowledge out and replace it with wireless. Try to keep it all fresh! Don't give up, keep on keepin' on!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.