Failed 297, really bad - crash and burn style.

dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Failed. icon_sad.gif Total crash and burn. I expected to be alotted a total time for the entire exam but I found out that I couldn't go back to any case study once I finished that section. I felt rushed by only having a short time within each case study. icon_eek.gificon_sad.gif I was very frustrated with this feeling of getting my feet to the fire and making a "Microsoft correct" answer so quick. I think also I wasn't ready for this format, it really caught me off guard.

I guess I should have studied more. icon_study.gif I got at least a CBT for now (testout), I'll probably get MSPress or Sybex for a book. I've used the practice tests with the MSpress book before but I wanted to see what everyone's opinions/recomendations are. Sybex seems good as a book but they have terrible practice questions.

My MCSE is feeling like "A Bridge Too Far" icon_sad.gif
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Hang in there! I just passed my Case Study format exam a couple weeks ago...
    It took me 4 attempts pass, I think the case study format to me is the hardest of the MS test formats.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also found the 70-297 to be the most difficult MS exam (much more difficult than 70-291, in my opinion). The time limit in this exam makes the time given in CCNA look generous!

I also used TestOut, and found that it covers some key points that show up on the exam. Just be sure to take notes as you watch the video, since many things are mentioned briefly in the videos that you NEED to remember for the exam.

I used the Sybex book, which does a pretty good job covering the objectives. However, the case studies they have at the end of each chapter didn't help too much for the actual exam.

Good luck next attempt!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your support! I'm going to sleep for awhile sleeping.gif

Post is here:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=172041#172041
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates