Options

Passed CCNA 2nd attempt!

barbatusesbarbatuses Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed 801 today on my second try. Here's the quick rundown on leading up to me passing.

I started studying exactly two months ago. Picked up CCNA for Dummies and read thru that for a week. Then read thru Odom's ciscopress CCNA material. Don't own any equipment, used simulator's from semsim(cheap at $30, but then again you get what you pay for....plus they aren't processing me their money back guarantee after failing the first time), and demo boson from the CCNA for dummies book. Took my first attempt after 6 weeks of study(two weeks ago). Got a 834!!! Kept hammering at practice tests and brushed up on some things for two weeks, then passed today with a 910.

I already bought the new CCNP set of books off amazon.com for $113(I think it retails for $179). I'm looking to get some equipment and have started looking at the BSCI book. Thanks for all your help in the forums!

Any tips or guidance is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! Is it party time yet?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! For the NP I'd suggest you get some lab equipment or at least dynamips for the BSCI. For the BCMSN you are going to need some switches. Good luck on the NP! Oh yeah, take a break to celebrate!!!!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and follow networkers advice for the NP. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Previous experience? I'm rather impressed you digested ICND and Intro in 6 weeks.
  • Options
    tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    Well done, congratulations... you made it sound easy!
    totts from essex
  • Options
    barbatusesbarbatuses Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't get me wrong, I studied pretty hard and found the format of the exam to be challenging. Also, the glory goes to God in passing as He gave me the strength to do it :D

I've got an bachelor's degree in IT and have been in the workplace for about 5 years so I was familiar with some of it going into it. But, much of the material was new to me.

Good luck to everyone trying to beat the deadline; it is possible to pass without touching a piece of cisco equipment....just be sure you review a lot.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    MwiingaMwiinga Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi and many congrats, like totts said, u really make it look simple. Two months!!! thats awesome, i know for sure it was a two months of sweat and pure dedication and good luck with CCNP.

Thanks to you, the webmasters and all members for the updates and questions/contributions. We're all benefiting even in all our silence as we psych up for our turn. Congrats again.
    "To err is human; to really screw up requires the root password."
  • Options
    DowimaDowima Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation First of all .... wish me luck :)

Did you faced any ISDN Questions ? and what was their amount ?

Wish you luck for your CCNP too
    CCIE ,
    I'll get you .
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you what type of questions were on the exam.

The consensus around here seems to be to learn it but don't loose any sleep over it though. Even if ISDN was not on the exam it is still used and you will more than likely run into in the real world so it will not kill you to learn it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.