Options

Having Trouble Studying

Red Alert 71Red Alert 71 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All - I have a question I am having major stumbling blocks study for my certification exams. I go over the material and know it in the real world, but I freeze when it comes to tests. I have a study guide and test question guide. Can anyone help me out icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What Cert. are you studying for right now?

I'm or was the same way when it came to test. My mind would go blank when I was tested on the material. What I found to work for me and has been very helpful is that I study the material as much as I can, but I would also try to take as many practice exams as I can over and over again, so in that way I would get use to taking test so when your actual exam comes you already have an idea how the questions and answers are presented to you. It gets your mind in test taking mode. There is a wealth of sites on the Net with practice exams/questions. (This one being one of them). :D As you take more and more practice test/exams you will get acustom to taking the test which will benefit you a great deal when it comes time for the real deal. Trust me...I know. That's what I have done for all my certification exams. Good Luck!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    First of all, you are not alone.

Depending on what cert you are aiming for, id recommend transcenders. I used them extensively for my first exam which I was quite nervous about. I turned up for the exam (still nervous) and as soon as I sat down and started the exam I immediatley relaxed as the transcenders had prepared me so well for the questions and the actual exam software.

Good luck in your cert, and use this forum extensively. They are all good guys !
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.