BCMSN DONE!!!

networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
Finally got to take the exam and passed!!!! It was a difficult exam but if you study ALL the topics you will be good. Don't under estimate any of the topics. That is the best advice I can give anyone studying for this exam.
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    nice work, 2 down 2 to go, right?
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    nice work, 2 down 2 to go, right?

1 down 3 to go. Started with the BCMSN now onto the BSCI.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nicely Done!

What all did you use to study? Gear, books, labs guides????
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Nicely done, networker.

I'm about two weeks behind you... closing the gap though.

Keep up the good work.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
    Studied the Ciscopress official cert guide and study guide. I also read as much stuff from the Cisco site as I could, especially on wireless. For this exam you can definatley not just learn from one source. The Ciscopress books didn't cover wirless in depth enough for the exam in my opinion. I'm glad I read the papers on the Cisco site. Definatley read the Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN client adapters configuration guide!!!!

For a lab I used three 3750s which we have an abundance of with the latest IOS around here since we just ordered like 200 of them (good timing!!). I did the labs out of the books and mostly just messed around with STP, redundancey protocols and switch security. Nothing to orginized, just made sure I could configure it all with out looking in the book (used the ? quite often though). It all worked out for me pretty well scored 978!!
    Wow thats a very respectable score too.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
    Thanks I got 90% in wireless and 90% in implementing vlans and 100% everything else. Implementing vlans you say??? Yeah I dont remember missing any questions about that..... Oh well I passed though thats all that matters.
    Definatley read the Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN client adapters configuration guide!!!!

So these Cisco whitepapers and the wireless sections of the cisco press books are completely adequate to answer most of the wireless questions?
    I'd say find as much as you can on wireless. It would be best to have a wireless client with the ADU on it. For the most part the Cisco books cover the basics but not much on wireless client configuration.
  • Ferret999Ferret999 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice one networker and as you say you really need to read what's on the Cisco site for wireless they ask you some random questions in the exam.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats networker and nice score! Good luck on the next one! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

icon_eek.gif Impressive score!
    Congratulations!
    I hate pandas
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!