Options

CCNA Query

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Hi all,

I have a few questions that have been bugging and someone suggested this forum was the da best around, so here they are:

1. The CCNA exam pattern is gonna change, till when can one sit the old (present) format i.e. the Intro+ICND to obtain CCNA.
2. For how long is the Intro test result valid before I take the ICND to get my CCNA.
3. Is ISDN no longer in the exam list of topics.
4. I am a Network Analyst and deal with Cisco routers and switches on a daily basis, but never had to take the CCNA as my experience made up for it. Just trying to stay ahead of the pack....

Thanks people...
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Welcome, this is the best forum around!

1) The exams expire in Nov

2) Three years (I beleive..... might want to double check this one though)

3) It seems to be getting taken out, but if it is listed in the exam topics I would still learn the basics.

4) I was the same way. I worked with Cisco gear for almost six years before I decided to go for certifications. It helped a lot with the hands on part a lot of beginners don't have. There is A LOT of theory that I never learned working with the gear, but since I have it has helped me even more in my job.

Good luck on the CCNA and don't try to rush for the old exams. I see a lot of people on here rushing for the deadline and failing. Since you are already experienced you might be able to make the cut off, but I wouldn't rush it and waste the money.......
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am quite amazed at the swiftness and conciseness of the response I got for my query. Thank you for your valuable suggestions networker, I took the Intro last year in october and didnt really have time for prep for ICND as my company had major projects going on which kept me busy.
    Once again, thanks for ur reply and I hope to sit and clear icon_wink.gif the ICND in one go...U will be seeing more of me as time passes.....
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com