Options

642-901 Resources

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
Can anyone recommend study resources for the 642-901 BSCI exam?

What are the difference between the following resources:
1) CCNP Self-Study: Budling Scalable Cisco Internetworks
2) CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide

Also, has anyone used CCNP/CCIP: BSCI Study Guide by Todd Lammle ISBN: 0782140955

Thanks.

Cheers!!!
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I haven't read the Ciscopress books yet (just came in the mail today!), but usually the study guide is more in depth and covers stuff not on the exam blue print, but good to know non the less. The exam cert guide usually sticks to the blue print with less detail about stuff not tested on. You can't go wrong reading both, thats my plan.

Haven't read the Lammle book, but I was told not to use anything but Ciscopress for the professional level certs by a senior collegue and it kind of stuck. I don't know if that is ture, but I wasn't impressed by his stuff for the CCNA. Not nearly as good as the Odem books. Haven't gone wrong with Ciscopress yet, so no need to look for other recources!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't read the Ciscopress books yet (just came in the mail today!), but usually the study guide is more in depth and covers stuff not on the exam blue print, but good to know non the less. The exam cert guide usually sticks to the blue print with less detail about stuff not tested on. You can't go wrong reading both, thats my plan.

Haven't read the Lammle book, but I was told not to use anything but Ciscopress for the professional level certs by a senior collegue and it kind of stuck. I don't know if that is ture, but I wasn't impressed by his stuff for the CCNA. Not nearly as good as the Odem books. Haven't gone wrong with Ciscopress yet, so no need to look for other recources!

I tend to agree with Cisco Press when it comes to the commercially available books (I like the official courseware better than anything but at $350 a course it's expensive.) I think Sybex figured out people look for books written by Todd because of the success of the CCNA study guide and they slap his name on everything Cisco, regardless of how much input he really had in writing the book.

I think the Odem books are the best commercially available books for anything Cisco
    The only easy day was yesterday!