Juniper fast track

jncarterjncarter Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone taking Juniper up on their offer of free certs for cisco certified pros? If so how did it go?

Comments

• wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been meaning to start that....one of the guys at work I emailed about it said he did it and it's fairly straigthforward for the training material
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I started it... with the Junos As A Second Language course... but decided that it didn't make sense. We are 100% cisco at work, and even if free, it would be nothing but a distraction.

So, back on the CCNP kick.

Course, if we ever land a Juniper device, I'll kick myself.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any link on info regarding this?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Check the Juniper forums for links. I did the whole proccess except take the exam. I passed the online assesment and got my voucher. When I went to register at my testing center they informed me they didn't do Prometric anymore. Oh well, the knowledge I gained about Juniper was worth it even with out a certification.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out the Heads up! For WAN heads that like free stuff thread in the TechExams.Net Juniper Certifications.

You might also want to check out the JNCIA thru JNCIE (M-Series) Books Free thread to see if the free books are still available for download from Juniper.

And don't forget that there is Olive for "hands-on practice"..... check out the Juniper Simulator? thread. Think more Dynamips, rather than Boson Simulator.

mikej412 wrote:
    And remember... keep your Cisco routers close, and your Juniper routers closer. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I started the FastTrack today.

I like the JUNOS interface, probably due to years of writing C++ code.
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • jncarterjncarter Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I figure it can't hurt to take a look at it. I have never dealt with Juniper so it would be nice to get some knowledge of it. I have started the JSL class and it seems pretty straightforward. It seems to balance out with IOS, some stuff is easier and some stuff is more difficult.