Options

mcsa and mcse question

bravo369bravo369 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
i passed my 70-210 back in 2002 but took time off to take the ccna. now i've picked up with 70-215. i'm doing this just for my own knowledge but if i can get the certifications too then it's a plus. but do i have to pass all 4 tests before the first test expires in order to get the mcsa and same for mcse? i'm assuming i do so i better get crackin and pass these tests.

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did I miss something? All of a sudden everyone thinks the 2000 exams are going to retire and they make it sound like the exams will retire soon.

Well if you are taking an exam every 1-2 years, you might want to pick up the pace a little.

MS's current policy is to retire exams in June and to announce their retirement 1 year in advance, so the earliest a 2000 exam could retire is June 2005. Although the policy could changed.

to answer you question. My guess is that MS will retire the Windows 2000 exams all at once, like they did with the Windows NT exams.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    yep, I agree, but I have a feeling that MS will not retire the win2k exam till 2006 or even perhaps 2007 when windows longhorn goes off at full blast. This is because we're already too close to June, so no retirement will take place in 2004-2005. If MS does decide to retire the exams, they'll have to announce it in 2005 and retire them in 2006. Now there's a great possibility they don't start announcing retirement till 2006.

I see a relation between backoffice applications and their respective OS platforms. So there has to be some kind of balance in platform introduction and retirement. ;)

only my .02 if it makes any sence

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    yep, I agree, but I have a feeling that MS will not retire the win2k exam till 2006 or even perhaps 2007 when windows longhorn goes off at full blast. This is because we're already too close to June, so no retirement will take place in 2004-2005. If MS does decide to retire the exams, they'll have to announce it in 2005 and retire them in 2006. Now there's a great possibility they don't start announcing retirement till 2006.

I see a relation between backoffice applications and their respective OS platforms. So there has to be some kind of balance in platform introduction and retirement. ;)

only my .02 if it makes any sence

2lbs.

I agree the 2006 / 2007 retirement would make more sense from a technical or certification perspective. But you never know when marketing is going to pull some strings.
    Andy

• Options
    bravo369bravo369 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm sorry...i probably should have explained myself better. when u pass an exam, you only have it for 3 years until u have to re-certify right? so my question was that since i passed 70-210 in 2002. so i took some time off for school and ccna and now am picking up with 70-215. now to get the mcsa title or mcse title then i'd have to complete the required exams before i have to recertify 70-210 right?
  • Options
    bravo369 wrote:
    i'm sorry...i probably should have explained myself better. when u pass an exam, you only have it for 3 years until u have to re-certify right? so my question was that since i passed 70-210 in 2002. so i took some time off for school and ccna and now am picking up with 70-215. now to get the mcsa title or mcse title then i'd have to complete the required exams before i have to recertify 70-210 right?

Recertifying every three years is a Cisco thing. MS doesn't require that. Once you have passed an exam you do not have to retake it.
    Andy

• Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    MS will retire exams, however, you are actually not allowed to retake a MS exam once you've passed it :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K