Options

Member input

mallard20mallard20 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
First, let me start with a little background info about myself. I went to a Tech school and earned my MCSE. My first job out of school is at a local back in the IT department in the help desk/ network side. My duties include unlocking accounts, setting up user accounts, imagining pc's and thin clients, working in AD, exchange server, remote desktop, etc. How do these duties compare to most just starting out in the IT field? All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    dgbarrdgbarr Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would just like to say that I have just started my IT career and currently still working with my first IT related employer. I work at a rather fast paced computer retail store and some times I do have a few odd jobs doing things relating to POS to simple administration for Windows based servers. Most of it however is computer sales and break/fix troubleshooting with customers.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your situation sounds about the standard for most of my students when they land the first job. There are some exceptions to the rule but generally a company will not take somone right out of school or who has recently earned their certification and let them loose on their network and systems.

You will need 3-5 years of experience before you get your Superman cape, until then just learn as much as you can and gain as much relevant experience as you can.
    The only easy day was yesterday!