Options

Can not send emails from Hotmail account on the Web!!

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi All,

Just having a few problems with this,

I can recieve emails to this hotmail account but can not send them.

I have eTrust Internet Security Suite installed and even when i uninstall this software i still cant send emails as it seemed to start after i installed this- but now i have disconted this.

Anybody ever come across this before.

Regards

Eamonn Kiely
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Are you sending emails directly from HotMail's Web interface, or from an SMTP email client that interfaces to HotMail's servers? Make sure sending email from the Web GUI works first using a message that has no attachments. After sending an email, check if the email is placed in the Sent folder or it remains only in the Draft folder. If you are having problem sending from a 3rd-party email client, send a support request to Windows Live Hotmail tech support.
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Thanks for the reply JD,
    Are you sending emails directly from HotMail's Web interface,

Yes that is correct.

Also I am checking the sent items folder and they are not in there.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University