Getting the Sybex Network+ book

CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
I really liked the Sybex CCNA book by Lammle, and I thought I'd get the one for Network+, too. Would the 2005 edition cover that much newer material than the 2003 edition? Because I can get the older one for a whole lot less than the 2005 edition.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the thing to remember here is that the 2003 edition covers the now retired 2003 exam, and the 2005 edition covers the new objectives, i had this problem a while ago and opted to spend the extra cash, and i think it was well worth it.
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    7255carl wrote:
    the thing to remember here is that the 2003 edition covers the now retired 2003 exam, and the 2005 edition covers the new objectives, i had this problem a while ago and opted to spend the extra cash, and i think it was well worth it.

Yes - emphasis on extra cash indeed. I suppose I'll have to relent and get it.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    7255carl wrote:

Yes - emphasis on extra cash indeed. I suppose I'll have to relent and get it.

Well, shop Alibris.com or Amazon.com for resellers of overstocks or slightly used books. You can get these at a discount price without losing the value of the book. Some books I absolutely will only buy a new book. However, some of these cert books....a slightly used books read the same ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?