Best Book For This Exam

SROSRO Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

What would you say is the best book to buy to prepare for this exam?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I prefer the MS Press Training Kits for Microsoft exams. Like any other book they won't give you 100% coverage of all topics, it does cover the essentials and includes useful, pertinent exercises. If you'd go through some of the many "I passed" posts in this forum you can get a pretty good idea of what others found most useful preparing for this exam.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, still a few die hards out there going after W2K MCSA/MCSE. The Syngress series for W2K is pretty good too.

Also the Mike Meyer's Certification passport series although condensed somewhat like the Exam Crams are pretty good too, especially for review.

I would start with MS Press.

If you are looking for CBTs. The CBT Nuggets series is quite good for the W2K track, too.

Good luck....
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

or maybe not...... :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdude wrote:
    or maybe not...... :)

huh?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    ITdude wrote:
    Wow, still a few die hards out there going after W2K MCSA/MCSE.

I meant maybe not to the die hards still out there doing W2K, due to the lack of response and not the good luck part! :)icon_wink.gif

:D

The exam was part of my home study course that I started but never finished.

I have already passed 70-210, so was going to add this server exam to the list.

Is it possible to prepare for this exam just by using a book and setting up a home test network icon_confused.gif:

I have been in the I.T industry for 13 years and have done both hardware and software roles.

I have never done the high-end server stuff, but have done basic user/printer etc. support.

I have just passed both exams for MCDST and was going to either attack this exam or maybe Network +.

Not decided yet.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I passed the 215 with nothing more than 1 book (syngress), work experience, 3 computer home lab with an evaluation version of 2000 server and practice exams from techexams and mcmcse.com.

This IMO is one of the easier exams that I had for my MCSE... There should be a decent amount of overlap from the 210.
    SRO wrote:
    :D

Is it possible to prepare for this exam just by using a book and setting up a home test network icon_confused.gif:

Yes, I would say with your background a good text and some hands on with your home lab, you should have no big problems passing this exam.

Have emailed Microsoft about the MSPress book I have for this exam, to see if it is still a current book to use to prepare for the exam.

Hopefully they will respond soon, so I can get studying.