Interview...

After 1st interview and thank you letter from me, I was asked via email if i m available for another interview, which is today.

However, after i drop her a reply email, she doesn't response for about half day. She may be busy. but...I am at starbuck waiting for being called.

Should I ring her up or just wait for a response? As this is a VERY VERY BIG COMPANY, i don wanna mess it up....... sometimes...if i dont follow up, she thought i don't show the interest, if i push it so hard, she may think negatively.........

what should i do now???????

Thanks
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Call them and find out what the holdup is. If the interview is today, what the hell are they waiting for?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd suggest calling her right away, show that you want the job.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    I just called but went to voice message box. i left her a message as a followup......

I also dropped her email as well..........

what else should i do..............

Just be patient, you don't want to annoy them. If they want another interview, they'll get back to you.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Just be patient, you don't want to annoy them. If they want another interview, they'll get back to you.

Yes my patience works. She got back to me today. I am told to interview in a HIGHER position than the one I was applying for.

The one I was applying for before is less challenge than the new one I am going tomorrow. Is it a good news or bad news?

Thank you guys. Thank you for all of your supports. Wish me luck, please. :D

Thanks

• SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    taktsoi wrote:
    Yes my patience works. She got back to me today. I am told to interview in a HIGHER position than the one I was applying for.

The one I was applying for before is less challenge than the new one I am going tomorrow. Is it a good news or bad news?

Thank you guys. Thank you for all of your supports. Wish me luck, please. :D

Thanks

As long as you are qualified for the position and potentially willing to work harder for it then it would certainly seem like a good thing. Be sure to find out all of the facts regarding this position and make sure it is something you are capable of doing and could see yourself doing for hours on end before making a decision. Your next interview will be a good opportunity for you to find out more about the position.

Typically more challenging is better as it provides a better learning opportunity and betters helps to keep your skills sharp. Additionally it typically will pay better as well.

Good Luck.
    Schluep wrote:
    As long as you are qualified for the position and potentially willing to work harder for it then it would certainly seem like a good thing. Be sure to find out all of the facts regarding this position and make sure it is something you are capable of doing and could see yourself doing for hours on end before making a decision. Your next interview will be a good opportunity for you to find out more about the position.

Typically more challenging is better as it provides a better learning opportunity and betters helps to keep your skills sharp. Additionally it typically will pay better as well.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I am a hard worker and am willing to take any chanllenge and learn new stuffs. However, the new position i will be interviewed tomorrow is TOO CHANLLENGE. I know for a fact that I only know 50% or less from the job description. And the one I applied for is so easy that I can handle with.......so.........u know.....i just dont understand why she asked me........

Anyway, tonight I am going to sleep well and ready for this exciting interview from a very very big company. I am so excited now.... :D

Wish me luck. :D

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! A lot of times, the job description is for the MOST ideal candidate, but doesn't necesarily mean they are requirements. Also some jobs are willing to train, so even though you might not have those skills right now, they may be willing to train you if you have potential. Just be honest with yourself and them, and I'm sure you will get the placement that is best for you.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
    Netstudent wrote:
    Good luck! A lot of times, the job description is for the MOST ideal candidate, but doesn't necesarily mean they are requirements. Also some jobs are willing to train, so even though you might not have those skills right now, they may be willing to train you if you have potential. Just be honest with yourself and them, and I'm sure you will get the placement that is best for you.

Today, I finally had the interview with a BIG BIG ISP. The interviewer was an IT person under the manager. Basically, I was told that this job needs to learn about commands in linux/unix but not necessary. I was told I would be learned alot in unix environment if i got offered. The interview went smooth. I had a about 30 mins conversion with him. I was told that he would need to discuss with the upper manager and see if i was a good fit.

I told him that I applied for the less chalenge position before but referred to this and if i were able to get interview should this position was not suitable. He said that I had to contact the HR and see.

Now, only god knows if i got this job or another equalivant job at this big ISP........ so How should I contact the HR? because HR dropped me email before that I would need to email them or call them after interview.

Please help..................

Thank you.

How should I contact the HR? because HR dropped me email before that I would need to email them or call them after interview.

Ummm...didn't you just answer your own question? icon_lol.gif

Good luck, wish you the best!
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    How should I contact the HR? because HR dropped me email before that I would need to email them or call them after interview.

Ummm...didn't you just answer your own question? icon_lol.gif

Good luck, wish you the best!

:D:D:D THank you for your quick response...really appreciate... icon_thumright.gif

I mean...what should I say in the email regarding this? should i briefly say..."yes...i just had interview with the it guy...and i m not so sure if they need me..so..do u think i should get the interview for the one before.??????"
    i mean...i love taking challenge...i do...but...i don wanna lose a chance working in a big company ...so..even tho i get less challenge and pay but qualified job..i would stick in there for an year ..learn more and get promoted....u see my point..but..i don think HR likes to see a less challenge guy ....no HR likes this...........

When you are presented with opportunity, take it. Although it may be more challenging than the other job and have a steeper learning curve, don't sell yourself short. It sounds like you were honest about your skills and experience, so let the hiring manager be the one who decides whether or not you are qualified (and if they are willing to train you). Sometimes companies hire based more on personality than on experience, so if they believe they can train you they might take that risk.