Options

Folder permissions

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi,

Could someone refresh my memory please|

I have a folder and deep down within that folder is another is another folder that needs to be shared out to just 1 user. Now normally I would just create a new share and publish it out to that user. However we are are trying to cut down on the amount of shares on our server. I can remember something like traversing folder as a way to drill down through top level/upper level folders that they dont have access too. But I couldnt really get it too work. Any help available please?

Cheers

Amy
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Set the folder permissions (under special permissions) to List Folder/Read Data and Traverse Folder / Execute File (since it's a folder we're dealing with the Read and Execute permissions won't apply). If you have Bypass Traverse Checking enabled for those users on the server policy then you should only need to set List folder. Do this at the first point of access and let it inherit down, then break inheritance on the first folder where you want to give that user more access and apply the new fuller permissions.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    thankyou
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )